Battlefield Play4Free
Assault class is too strong. - Printable Version

+- Battlefield Play4Free (/en/forum)
+-- Forum: Community Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Assault class is too strong. (/showthread.php?tid=21631)

Assault class is too strong. - JaunSanchez - 08-04-2011 01:16 AM

Who else thinks the Assault class is way to strong?
Their weapons are way too accurate for assault rifles. We're talking about Recon accurate or better.
They can keep this accuracy up for a long time.
Damage per bullet? It's adds on too the Assault snipe. They can kill you with less then 4 bullets when you're across the map.
The DPB ((Damage per bullet) count is way to high and the accuracy is way to high. It needs to be brought down.
The Recon should have more damage for a Sniper rifle. I mean, Come on people. We all know a Sniper rifle is POWERFUL. But when a Sniper shot only does 41-53 damage on a good hit? It's B.S.
I'm not asking for one hit kills but at least 60-80 per sniper shot. Enough to make them useful.
The Medic is fine. People complain about them but you have to remember. They have a light machine gun. Accurate at first/ shitty with prolong shooting. The mass number of bullets makes up for the lowered accuracy BUT they only have so many bullets. The light machine gun is just meant for back up cover and suppressing fire. Not BUILT too tank.
Don't get me started with the Engineer and their Sub machine guns. CHRIST, These things are almost like the Assault, but worse. It doesn't make sense in video game and in real world concepts. A Sub machine gun isn't very accurate from afar. A lot of bullets and a good fire rate, But way to accurate. The light machine gun holds a LOT of bullets for prolong firing, But the Submachine gun has around..30? 50 if you using a P90. Their not long distance guns. Short distance best and Medium at least.
The ANTI-Tank Missiles should do more damage. Just read the name. It's an ANTI-TANK Missile. It should destroy a tank in 1-2 hits. Not the B.S 4 shots that take FOREVER to achieve. The reload on them is horrible.
Medics should also be able to hold medic boxes like in Battlefield 2142. They can hold it and heal themselves while running our heal someone quickly without using it up.

The bonus equipment or accessories should do stuff. They shouldn't be for decoration. Nobody is going to give a flying turd if you have accessories. Why? Because their hardly noticeable.

RE: Assault class is too strong. - astomishx - 08-04-2011 01:19 AM

no they arent you need to buy svd or stay at long range with and sv/m24 becuz you must be just running on them with your sniper and getting killed

i can kill them with m9 all day i can svd them at closerange and i stay at long range and kill them just stay away isnt that simple???

RE: Assault class is too strong. - JaunSanchez - 08-04-2011 01:22 AM

(08-04-2011 01:19 AM)astomishx Wrote:  no they arent you need to buy svd or stay at long range with and sv/m24 becuz you must be just running on them with your sniper and getting killed

i can kill them with m9 all day i can svd them at closerange and i stay at long range and kill them just stay away isnt that simple???

Why should I waste my own money for weapons? The in game money is so useless I think they melt down the coins just to make bullets.

RE: Assault class is too strong. - Mobi - 08-04-2011 01:25 AM

Wall of text. This guy thinks tanks are OP too. Nothing to see here, move along.

RE: Assault class is too strong. - BoomStick. - 08-04-2011 01:27 AM

I'm kinda suprised but actually I prtially agree. I wouldn't mind sniper rifle doing >50 dmg per body shot. And assault rifle sniping? Yeah it does have a bit too long effective range, but they are supposed to deal some serious damage. Haven't played with medic lately so I'm not sure how LMG's perform from users point of view, but some rattling when firing at full auto is to be expected. SMG's do have quite long effective range for such small arms, but they're still the weakest primary weapons available.
Oh and about medics running with medipacs - they tend to heal mostly themself anyway. And sitting on 2 med boxes is/was fairly abused. Letting them heal on the go would break the balance.

RE: Assault class is too strong. - n00ban4ga - 08-04-2011 01:50 AM

I agree with the original post. The sniper rifle is underpowered in comparison with the non-recon classes. The weapons of the other classes seem to be = to the sniper rifle. I don't get mad about getting out sniped at long distance by another sniper, but by an assault rifle, too bloody similar! Sniper rifle is supposed to be powerful with a very long range with the trade off of fire rate and reload. The assault rifle... well... same range with rapid fire and just as accurate?! LAME!

ASSAULT = RECON

RE: Assault class is too strong. - Debonair - 08-04-2011 01:54 AM

(08-04-2011 01:27 AM)BoomStick. Wrote:  I'm kinda suprised but actually I prtially agree. I wouldn't mind sniper rifle doing >50 dmg per body shot. And assault rifle sniping? Yeah it does have a bit too long effective range, but they are supposed to deal some serious damage. Haven't played with medic lately so I'm not sure how LMG's perform from users point of view, but some rattling when firing at full auto is to be expected. SMG's do have quite long effective range for such small arms, but they're still the weakest primary weapons available.
Oh and about medics running with medipacs - they tend to heal mostly themself anyway. And sitting on 2 med boxes is/was fairly abused. Letting them heal on the go would break the balance.

The damage on medics definitely did fall, especially when firing at a long range. I'm not sure if the spread was increased, but I am not seeing Player XXX (MG3) Player YYY on the left of the screen all the time now Tongue

Assault weapons are pretty ridiculous. I think the damage is fine, considering...they are the ASSAULT class. What do you expect them to do? Throw butter knives at you? Their effective range and accuracy is quite OP, further diminishing the role of recons.

RE: Assault class is too strong. - TRON - 08-04-2011 02:00 AM

Man my eyes hurt. Why does it always smell like nerfage around here?

RE: Assault class is too strong. - BoomStick. - 08-04-2011 02:08 AM

(08-04-2011 02:00 AM)TRON Wrote:  Man my eyes hurt. Why does it always smell like nerfage around here?

Well I mostly disagree with nerf this / buff that topics. But this one makes some sense (I don't fully agree but some of these observations are pretty accurate)

RE: Assault class is too strong. - Healin4ev3r - 08-04-2011 02:10 AM

no class is too strong when going solo. It's a teamwork game!

RE: Assault class is too strong. - Mobi - 08-04-2011 02:13 AM

(08-04-2011 02:10 AM)Healin4ev3r Wrote:  no class is too strong when going solo. It's a teamwork game!

Are you implying snipers should camp near medics, so they can be healed and revived? What a concept!

Seriously though, snipers you really should team up with a medic sometime. We're not gonna run to your favorite camping spot and heal you, or revive you.

RE: Assault class is too strong. - scottie - 08-04-2011 02:14 AM

only thing strong about this game is...the smell of dead noobz.......

RE: Assault class is too strong. - Cormzzzzz - 08-04-2011 02:16 AM

lets just make all guns 100 in everything and call it quits, then nothing would be over/under powered.

RE: Assault class is too strong. - Healin4ev3r - 08-04-2011 02:17 AM

(08-04-2011 02:16 AM)Cormzzzzz Wrote:  lets just make all guns 100 in everything and call it quits, then nothing would be over/under powered.

If so Medic will be Overpowered, cuz LMG have the biggest magTongue

RE: Assault class is too strong. - Cormzzzzz - 08-04-2011 02:18 AM

(08-04-2011 02:17 AM)Healin4ev3r Wrote:  
(08-04-2011 02:16 AM)Cormzzzzz Wrote:  lets just make all guns 100 in everything and call it quits, then nothing would be over/under powered.

ok, well give everything infinite mag

RE: Assault class is too strong. - Healin4ev3r - 08-04-2011 02:21 AM

(08-04-2011 02:18 AM)Cormzzzzz Wrote:  
(08-04-2011 02:17 AM)Healin4ev3r Wrote:  

ok, well give everything infinite mag
Then Engi will be OP, cuz their have the smallest recoil Big Grin

RE: Assault class is too strong. - TRON - 08-04-2011 02:24 AM

(08-04-2011 02:08 AM)BoomStick. Wrote:  
(08-04-2011 02:00 AM)TRON Wrote:  Man my eyes hurt. Why does it always smell like nerfage around here?

Well I mostly disagree with nerf this / buff that topics. But this one makes some sense (I don't fully agree but some of these observations are pretty accurate)

He does, it's been said many times before. I have always said the 16 was by far the strongest gun in the game even when the community raged over the mg3. It was classic when they pseudo nerfed that gun the day the saw came out lol.
Nerf, insert gun name, will never end. I really think the devs should just load up the bc2 weapon stats and be done.

RE: Assault class is too strong. - Ramirez - 08-04-2011 02:37 AM

what assalt can do,if it is its nly reason to live?

RE: Assault class is too strong. - Mage - 08-04-2011 02:46 AM

(08-04-2011 02:37 AM)Ramirez Wrote:  what assalt can do,if it is its nly reason to live?

^ This. The assault's point is to kill stuff really well. They don't have a scope, RPG, LMG, medibox, defib, motion sensor, repair drill ... you see where I'm going with this.

In fact, the assault being so killy forces the other classes to play their classes more strictly:
  • If the medic just ran around LMGing people (which they do to some extent), then they'd get gunned down by the more-accurate Assaults. And run out of ammo. MOAR DAKKA does have it's flaws, neh?
  • Recon would stand no chance if all they did was close-sniper-support. (IRL the role is called marksman, and they get rifles that do similar things to the SVD.) They'd be mowed down by the much-faster ROF of the ARs compared to snipers.
  • Engineers? Well lol PP2000 versus G3A4? Gooood luck with that.

RE: Assault class is too strong. - Lucky_Ash - 08-04-2011 03:12 AM

Assualt and recon are fine. As are Medics and engies.

(08-04-2011 01:16 AM)JaunSanchez Wrote:  Who else thinks the Assault class is way to strong?
The bonus equipment or accessories should do stuff. They shouldn't be for decoration. Nobody is going to give a flying turd if you have accessories. Why? Because their hardly noticeable.

You are a recon? You should try using these tips for a while. Sounds like you just need more experience.

1) If you want to use the svd as someone said be slightly behind your team so you are not the first to get shot.
2) If you want to use the bolt action you need to be way back. More than you are right now if you are getting owned by assault rifles
3) Use the Jeeps to achieve this stand off range. Don't let them get inside your range! They provide good mobile cover too.
4) Look at where your teammates are. They are you bait(Sorry team xD). When they shoot at someone or someone shoots at them. You have found your target.
5) When you team is on the flag. Get in the jeep and charge the flag to help. Use the 50 for close range. Don't camp.
6) Use the recon ball when charging the flag
7) If your style is such that you want to charge flags with the team. Use the USAS for close and the jeep for medium and long range.
8) Don't camp! They will come for you. And if your team does not hold flags because too many people were camping, they will be coming for you in tanks, apcs, helos and jets. Just wait until more maps are released. Most are not like Karkand or Sharqi. You will see!
9)Learn the maps! LOOK at the landscape. Look at the cover that is available. Study the routes people take from flag to flag. Plan your route to and from everywhere and think about what you might run into.
10)Learn the maps!!!

On your second point you get to see people's customizations when they kill you xD.