Battlefield Play4Free
My first impressions - Printable Version

+- Battlefield Play4Free (/en/forum)
+-- Forum: Community Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: My first impressions (/showthread.php?tid=1669)

My first impressions - DRMBJames - 10-12-2010 09:47 PM

Overall i most say this game is quite enjoyable. It is way better than battlefield hero's imo.

It brings me back to the time i spent playing bf2 back in the day. So good job there. The guns are balanced and fun to use.

The tanks are border line overpowered. They just wreak.
The spawns need to be tweaked a bit, a bit to easy to spawn kill. Hit detection needs some work, but isn't bad. The lag and fps issues need to be addressed. Mouse wheel to scroll threw weapons need to be added.
Player cap needs to be look at if you can bump it up some. 16 v 16, is a bit to low.
This game needs server browsers.

But besides what i have stated above i'm really enjoying the game. And please don't turn this game into another pay to win game. You have a good game, but turning it into this you have to buy this and that to do well. Will take away from the game.

RE: My first impressions - postman-muecke - 10-12-2010 09:59 PM

(10-12-2010 09:47 PM)James161324 Wrote:  Mouse wheel to scroll threw weapons need to be added.

It is already in Wink

RE: My first impressions - DRMBJames - 10-12-2010 10:18 PM

(10-12-2010 09:59 PM)postman-muecke Wrote:  
(10-12-2010 09:47 PM)James161324 Wrote:  Mouse wheel to scroll threw weapons need to be added.

It is already in Wink

Really i must have missed it.

To add
There needs to be a blinking health bar so the medic knows who to give health to. As it stands now i have a hard time telling the difference between a 100 health person an a 10 health person.

RE: My first impressions - postman-muecke - 10-12-2010 10:20 PM

I read there was an ability one could unlock that showed how much armour was damaged to engineers, there probably is a similar ability for medics to unlock.

RE: My first impressions - Falkhorn - 10-12-2010 10:22 PM

(10-12-2010 09:47 PM)James161324 Wrote:  The tanks are border line overpowered. They just wreak.

agree. tanks are overpowered and overused

RE: My first impressions - GiantWangChung - 10-12-2010 10:27 PM

Everything is great except tanks. If you're going to make them that overpowered, at least give each rank an easier way to kill them.

RE: My first impressions - DRMBJames - 10-12-2010 10:35 PM

But the first thing i would liked patched is the fps and lag. Then the tanks. Then better matchmaking

RE: My first impressions - SmoothSlayer - 10-12-2010 10:39 PM

(10-12-2010 10:27 PM)HartlessBen Wrote:  Everything is great except tanks. If you're going to make them that overpowered, at least give each rank an easier way to kill them.

they will when more features are added, because this is early in development each class is limmited but don't worry there will be some new tank killing features added to the game for other classes.

RE: My first impressions - Tunguska94 - 10-12-2010 10:50 PM

(10-12-2010 09:47 PM)James161324 Wrote:  Overall i most say this game is quite enjoyable. It is way better than battlefield hero's imo.

It brings me back to the time i spent playing bf2 back in the day. So good job there. The guns are balanced and fun to use.

The spawns need to be tweaked a bit, a bit to easy to spawn kill. Hit detection needs some work, but isn't bad. The lag and fps issues need to be addressed. Mouse wheel to scroll threw weapons need to be added.
Player cap needs to be look at if you can bump it up some. 16 v 16, is a bit to low.

But besides what i have stated above i'm really enjoying the game. And please don't turn this game into another pay to win game. You have a good game, but turning it into this you have to buy this and that to do well. Will take away from the game.

if u were really played BF2 then u shouldn't be crying about tanks just wait when players are using jets

would u like to see if u lived tho a tank round in real life?

scroll mouse weapon selection is to slow only noobs need that i guess we all know what u are now

yes the only thing i agree on is server browser

RE: My first impressions - =Toothfairy= - 10-12-2010 11:11 PM

(10-12-2010 10:50 PM)Tunguska Wrote:  ...

^^

RE: My first impressions - kanariezaf - 10-12-2010 11:13 PM

guys come on... tanks are soo easy to kill... you can take them out with grenade's so after your first level up you can already start taking out tanks without being a engineer... but just trace them if I am in I will kill themSmile

RE: My first impressions - Tunguska94 - 10-12-2010 11:15 PM

2 engineers working together could kill one really fast

plus u got assault class giving out ammo

RE: My first impressions - -=OVERKILL=- - 10-12-2010 11:42 PM

(10-12-2010 09:47 PM)James161324 Wrote:  Overall i most say this game is quite enjoyable. It is way better than battlefield hero's imo.

I do share your thoughts on the game in general. I do think they are getting at somethng real good and enjoyable. But I don't think the weapons are balanced at all and you'll realize this when you spend time with sniper. It is very underpowered. It needs either a crosshair to shoot from hips, maybe a bigger handgun, like a .45 instead of a 9mm, or simply give us a one shot one kill to upper body instead of only headshots.

RE: My first impressions - rukqoa - 10-12-2010 11:54 PM

(10-12-2010 11:15 PM)Tunguska Wrote:  2 engineers working together could kill one really fast

plus u got assault class giving out ammo

I can take out a BTR in less than 7 seconds. I think this calls for a buff. Wink

RE: My first impressions - Arcavian - 11-12-2010 01:03 AM

i would really enjoy an inf only map...

RE: My first impressions - postman-muecke - 11-12-2010 01:05 AM

(11-12-2010 01:03 AM)Arcavian Wrote:  i would really enjoy an inf only map...

there'll probably be an inf only gamemode sometime

RE: My first impressions - DRMBJames - 11-12-2010 01:10 AM

I'm sure there will be a lot to come we are only in the second week of the beta

RE: My first impressions - Zhiroo - 11-12-2010 01:18 AM

I killed 2 tanks in my first ever game. Tongue They're easy. Big Grin

RE: My first impressions - Tunguska94 - 11-12-2010 01:36 AM

(11-12-2010 01:03 AM)Arcavian Wrote:  i would really enjoy an inf only map...

awesome happens in war

RE: My first impressions - DasBigpoopah - 11-12-2010 01:44 AM

(10-12-2010 10:50 PM)Tunguska Wrote:  

if u were really played BF2 then u shouldn't be crying about tanks just wait when players are using jets

would u like to see if u lived tho a tank round in real life?

scroll mouse weapon selection is to slow only noobs need that i guess we all know what u are now

How is this helpful?

The statement concerning "real life" vs "in game" tanks is quite arbitrary to actual gameplay elements.