When using these forums, please refer to these rules and help yourself and others to keep this a nice and friendly place. This forum has been created to allow the Battlefield Play4Free community members to discuss the game, celebrate their victories, and commiserate with their fellow soldiers in defeat. Any content unrelated to Battlefield Play4Free belongs in the Off Topic section.
Summary of the Rules of Conduct
These forums are for everyone, so treat others as you would have them treat you. Be a decent human being and show respect to your fellow player. Please consider that for many players, English is a second language. Also consider that all players do not have your wisdom, game skill or general understanding of the game.
Vulgar Language and Swearing, is not allowed. Swearing, even in Abbreviation or phonetically, in an attempt to bypass the swear filter, is not allowed. You can make your point just as easy, without such language.
No "harmful" content please
Some examples of links you shouldn't be posting:
Post in English
- Links that make your browser crash, or otherwise act strange.
- Rickrolls, please don't post them here.
- Links to other harmful content such as Trojans and/or Viruses.
- Links to Phishing sites.
We're a multi-cultural and multi-lingual bunch here on the forums, let's all try and speak the same language so everyone can participate. Please be considerate to those who have difficulties with English.
Other people will have different opinions than yours, that's their right. Don't flame
someone for disagreeing with you. In turn, don’t post topics that will incite flaming, be thoughtful in your choice of words when composing your topic.
Continuing the spam specific guideline: Everyone likes to be able to read forums without going blind. Please refrain from posting spam, or other "nonsense" which serves no purpose. This includes "Cool story bro", "lolumad?" images and click to grow pets and other such websites, ascii drawings, excessive or unneeded use of upper case letters, posting "First" and "Second" solely to show that you are one of the first to comment, seizure inducing animate gifs and overuse of bright coloured text, excessively gory or violent images, this includes, but is not limited to meaningless or unproductive posts or replies (see Flaming). Also, unless you are creating a guide, tutorial or event with multiple consecutive posts any and all "/reserved" posts will be removed and you may receive a warning and a suspension.
Signatures may be a very personal part of yourself on the forums but you must take into consideration other players using the forums. That is why under no circumstances may signatures contain any abusive, racist or sexual language or imagery. You are also not allowed to call out other players or name and shame them in your signature.
- Max size for the full signature can not exceed 250 pixels in height and/or 900 pixels in width. This includes images, text, quotes and links.
- Max combined file size for a signature is 500KB
- No game related imagery can be used, unless it is from an EA developed game.
- No seizure inducing, flashing, offensive, sexual or otherwise disturbing images are allowed, this includes but is not limited to optical illusions and images containing regular changes in colour and/or contrast, just because it doesn’t hurt your eyes doesn’t mean it can’t hurt other people’s eyes.
- No stealing or borrowing artwork of others is allowed, unless the owner has explicitly given you permission to use said artwork.
- Content outlined as unsuitable in our Terms Of Service Agreement (TOS) is NOT allowed.
Everyone wants to comment on something, and feel free to use the forums to interact with the topics that interest you. But please do not troll
Some examples that are considered trolling:
- Posting replies just for the sake of posting.
- Posting comments irrelevant to the topic.
- Posting to simply add to the thread count.
- Posting to beg for free items from others.
- Posting lolcats and fail images because someone said something that was wrong.
- Posting poorly formatted text to stand out or make a point.
This is a community forum, not a place to peddle your site/wares. You can leave the blatant ad space filling to us. This also includes links to websites that get users to generate hit counts, offer prizes for joining or attempt to lure users to sell or offer unlicensed EA products or software.
You are not allowed to sell your wares and/or services on the Battlefield Play4Free forums. This includes but is not limited to eBay auctions, accounts of any kind, forum signatures or or any other service.
Make sense, not war
When you start a new thread, try to use a title that makes sense. If people can easily see what you want to talk about, they will be more likely to open your thread and talk with you.
Some examples of inappropriate thread titles:
Some examples of inappropriate content:
- “Help me” “I need help” “I have a question” “READ ME” “URGENT”
- “WTF” either in abbreviation or fully written out
- Swearing of any sort
No Politics & Religion
- Excessive ranting
- Vulgar language
- Attacks on other players
When you use these forums, please leave your politics and religion at the door. Everyone is entitled to their views and opinions, but these forums are for fun and for social contact. Discussions can get heated at any moment; politics and religion are two topics that will quickly send a thread down in flames. This also includes political and religious imagery in player signature art, links to political groups and websites and links to religious groups, churches and websites.
No one gets favored
Don't use attention seekers. What's an attention seeker, you ask? Using an Administrator or Moderator’s name in your topic, for example. You don't need to add our name(s) in your thread title, nor use all CAPS to get our attention.
Reporting problematic players
Don't give possible hackers, exploiters, stat-padders or otherwise problematic players attention on the forums. This includes, but is not limited to, creating topics about them, mocking them, generally discussing them and/or posting their user names.
Should you break one of the aforementioned forum rules, you may be issued with a timed suspension that usually lasts for less than a day. Should you attempt to circumvent the suspension by creating an additional account, that account will be banned, and your main will have additional time added to its suspension.