Hallo, Gast!

11-04-2012, 11:04 AM | Beitrag #1
Offline DeltaForce 
Hey you! Tired of noobs waiting for aircraft and crashing it in 5 seconds? Seeing too many useless recons camping on rooftops with M95? Not seeing any teamplay beyond the point of the occasional dropped box, let alone reviving and calling reinforcements?

Then this will completly blow your mind:
(Choose 1080p and fullscreen for best quality)

And, did i promise to much?

Point of this thread is to demonstrate:

-Teamwork can be fun AND effective
-The UH-60 Blackhawk is a transport chopter with good offense capabilties
-This game is not entirely made up of Pay2win. The transport chopter is a vehicle. Every vehicle if avaiable in the game for free. It is up to you what you make out of it.

A popular saying goes like this: "There is no I in team". Which is very true for this video.

A honourable mention goes to BuckRaven for piloting the UH-60 Blackhawk in such a professional manner.

In case you cannot watch the video due to GEMA:

You can either use Proxtube (click here) both avaiable for Firefox and Google Chrome. It unblocks youtube videos.

Or you can use a service like http://hidemyass.com/ and copypaste the url in there.

Tactics and Strategy

Crew members and their individual role

Ideally you would have a crew of 6 soldiers. The minimum amount of soldiers is 2, but even with such a small crew, class choice, will still have a significant impact on firepower and survivability.

Pilot

Responsibility: Over 9000
Required Skill Level: High
Optimal Class: Medic

The pilot bears the major part of the responsibility. It is his job, to maneuver the Blackhawk around the map using terrain as cover, judge when to go in for a flag capture, deny line of sight to high level threats such as Anti-Air emplacements and APC's until engagement is profitable, provide line of sight to Gunners on light targets such as infantry and jeeps and not to crash the thing into the next best tree avaiable. The Blackhawk stands and falls with the performance of the pilot.

The pilot is, more or less, protected by the windshield, but the rest of the crew is open to damage, especially the passengers. That is where Medivac Vehicle comes in. This skill heals every infantry in a 25m radius around the operator of the vehicle, no matter if they are infantry modus or not. This cannot stop onehitkills, but it can neutralize possible death caused by several damage impacts.

The pilot should especially watch out for hostile Attackchoppers and keep a safe distance to them, if they come close enough they can destroy the Blackhawk in a couple of seconds.

Other useful skills to have:

4/4 Improved Threat Awareness, 3/3 Combat Awareness, Sniper Combat Awareness; to locate enemies and maneuver Blackhawk accordingly
1/2 Sprint, Physical Tougness 2/2

(3/3 Combat Resilience, currently not working, but if it ever works again, it will help in speeding up engineer repairs)

Mandatory: 1/3 Helicopter Training

Gunner

Responsibility: Medium
Required Skill Level: High
Optimal Class: non-Recon (Medic and Assault, when passenger seats are covered by Engineers)

It is the gunner's job to neutralize feasible targets in his field of view, especially when the Blackhawk is moving at low speed/hovering. Additionally the gunner should be able to counterlead the movement of the helicopter, so he is able to hit targets, even when the helicopter is moving. Targets of priority are manned Anti Air emplacements and Engineers. They can deal a lot of damage to the Blackhawk, but being infantry they can only take few damage themselves, a quick, accurate burst does short work of them. Next up is any other type of infantry and manned TOW emplacements. Every infantry unit can place tracers (which give lock capability to RPG's and Hellfires) and skilled TOW users, who have enough time and range will be able to hit you, so these are number 2 in the list of priorities.

There are various other targets, which are a great threat to the Blackhawk, but for the most part it is not advised to engage them with the minigun. The borderline presents the APC. If you manage to get the jump on it, by all means go for it. A normal hit does 3 damage and a hit to the tires even does 6 damage, so you can manage to destroy it with one barrage of minigun fire, assuming you hit with most of your shots.

Tanks, Jets and Attackhelicopters should never be enganged directly with the minigun, either because the damage output is too low (1 damage per hit on tank and only when hitting threads) or the possible damage income is too high (Attackhelicopter Hydra/Hellfire).

The gunner is reponsible for:

1. The engagement of enemies
  2. Saturation of hostile Flag Areas
  3. Reduction or even Prevention of incoming damage

Skills to have:

4/4 Improved Threat Awareness, 3/3 Combat Awareness,

If avaiable: Sniper Combat Awareness, Tactical Threat Awareness 4/4, Combat Triage, Vehicle Damage Assessment

Other useful skills:

Physical Tougness 2/2, 1/2 Sprint

Passenger

Responsibility: Medium
Required Skill Level: Medium
Optimal Class: Engineer

One could easily think that a Blackhawk would be complete with a pilot and 2 gunners only. However it is not that easy. A slow, big target like the Blackhawk attracts a lot of attention to itself, no matter how hard the pilot is trying to use cover. On a map like Oman, there is not even that much cover to hide behind. Chances are high you will take damage sooner or later. You might get away with flying to a helipad in Dragon Valley, where you find lots of trees and buildings as line of sight blocker combined with short flight paths to the homebase or B (assuming you're holding that flag). But besides, why would you do that if you can repair on the fly?

Having engineers in the passenger seats allows you to do just that from the insides of the Blackhawk. Simply aim the Repair Tool at the roof of the helicopter and press fire. Useful in Dragon Valley and a necessity in Dalian Plant and Oman for prolonged flights. But it does not stop there. First of all engineers can always fire their RPG's at traced targets, as the lock helps to overcome any inaccurate aiming caused by the movement of the helicopter. Secondly, when the pilot manages to hover/fly slowly over a Tank/APC the engineers can trace that target themselves and fire RPG's accordingly. Last but not least Engineers can drop their Antivehiclemines out of the Blackhawk at strategic paths and chokepoints for further Antivehicle measures.

Skills to have:

4/4 Improved Threat Awareness, 3/3 Combat Awareness, 2/2 RPG, , Repair Tool 4/4

Other useful skills:

Physical Tougness 2/2, Sniper Combat Awareness, Antivehiclemines 5/5, Vehicle Damage Assessment, 1/2 Sprint

Composition of the crew

The minimum crew of 2 should be medic as pilot and engineer as gunner. This allows you to fly basic attack maneuvers, and gives you access to a variety of boni such as crew heal and repair on the fly. The problem is that the engineer can only do one thing at a time: manning one of the miniguns, repairing or using tracer/RPG. This can work out, but it is very tedious, as the engineer has to switch between miniguns to check both sides and cannot return fire, when repairing.

Another engineer is already a huge plus. Now both miniguns can be manned, which means the area both to both sides of the blackhawk can be scanned at the same time. Alternatively one engineer can man one of the miniguns, while the other one is reparing. Especially useful, when you can cover a hot zone such as a flag area, with only one minigun.

3 engineers is where the party starts. You have a variety of options ranging from 2 miniguns+simple repair, over triple repair to triple vehicle engagement, just to name a few.

The next addition would be an Assault. As a result you will always have one turret manned with the option of second turret+double repair/double vehicle engagement or one turret+ triple repair/triple vehicle engagement (or another mix of repair/vehicle engagement). Additionally, if the engineers should run out of ammo, the pilot can land the Blackhawk at a place away from the action and the Assault can resupply the engineers.

The last addition should be another medic with the same Trainingpointsetup as the pilot (more on that soon). This is the nonplusultra, with both turrets being manned and all options between triple repair/triple vehicle engagement possible.

The worst case

Windshields in Play4Free can be penetrated by a variety of weapons. If a gunner or passenger dies, it does not hurt the rest of the crew that much, because another crew member can take his place temporarily. The pilot can pick up the crew member after he respawns. However, the pilot can potenially take damage or even die, too. Not very probable, but definitly not impossible. And it never hurts to be prepared, does it? That is why one of the crewmember is a second medic, with the exact same Trainingpointsetup as the pilot –to be able to take over control of the Blackhawk in case the pilot dies. In case the pilot takes damage, he can land the Blackhawk to heal up or pass over control to the second medic on the fly.

Example: Pilot gets wounded. Second medic exits Blackhawk and activates Parachute and keeps pressing E. Pilot switches to gunner seat and Blackhawk starts to fall down. When Blackhawk reaches Second medic, he will enter the pilot seat and old pilot, now in gunner seat, will start to heal up.

However this is mostly a theory with in the theory. If for some reason 6 people decide to cooperate with the suggested setups, they will make sure, that there won't be anything to shoot the pilot out of the cockpit.

UH-60 Blackhawk: Guide Video
[Bild: 5mLZc.png]
(Dieser Beitrag wurde zuletzt bearbeitet: 24-01-2013 12:13 AM von DeltaForce.)
11-04-2012, 11:06 AM | Beitrag #2
Offline [HB]Akanto 
inb4solid/chang/freaser/homesen
EDIT: Holy awesome, now there is a text... so ignore my post.

[Bild: 9iu6zq8c.png]

(Dieser Beitrag wurde zuletzt bearbeitet: 11-04-2012 11:07 AM von [HB]Akanto.)
11-04-2012, 11:06 AM | Beitrag #3
Offline kayack1
yep , i've done the same few months ago with 2 gunners ( including me ) and a very good chopper pilot , it was very fun Big Grin
(Dieser Beitrag wurde zuletzt bearbeitet: 11-04-2012 11:07 AM von kayack1.)
11-04-2012, 11:09 AM | Beitrag #4
Offline PrivateWolf 
It would be better with TS.. imagine setting up a server and playing it like ArmA 2 or BF2: PR Smile
good video lads!

Assault: PrivateWolf
Engineer: CorporalFox
Medic: Idonthealnubs
Recon: Ionlysnipenubs (Dieser Beitrag wurde zuletzt bearbeitet: 11-04-2012 02:01 PM von PrivateWolf.)
11-04-2012, 11:28 AM | Beitrag #5
Offline Solid 
(11-04-2012 11:06 AM)Akantokiller schrieb:  inb4solid/chang/freaser/homesen
EDIT: Holy not so good, now there is a text... so ignore my post.

Why is everyone so impatient? Tongue

I know that feeling from piloting and co-piloting a BH while staying in the air, killing everything, for more than a few minutes.

btw, i thought you were German DeltaForce, why am i then unable to watch it because of GEMA Sad

I´m a Community Moderator, not an official EA Representative ~nya
11-04-2012, 11:35 AM | Beitrag #6
Offline cekoto 
This should be moved to Science Fiction subforum. Under normal circumstances the UH 60 would have been shot down in like 20-30 seconds, especially on DV which is full of APCs. I am not trolling, I just find that video bizarre. I watched it and I saw the pilot hovering over an enemy flag for like 10 seconds and no one shot even 1 RPG at you. Maybe there were no engineers on the enemy team, or you were just playing against noobs, but unfortunately a player owning like that is extremely difficult and it doesn't come down to teamwork but to pure luck! I still think that EAsy should make the transport helicopters similar to those in Bad Comapny 2 (less armor, but more powerful weapons).

[Bild: famous_movies_11.gif]

cekoto - assault
BG_Csar - medic
(Dieser Beitrag wurde zuletzt bearbeitet: 11-04-2012 12:16 PM von cekoto.)
11-04-2012, 11:38 AM | Beitrag #7
Offline DeltaForce 
(11-04-2012 11:28 AM)Solid schrieb:  
(11-04-2012 11:06 AM)Akantokiller schrieb:  inb4solid/chang/freaser/homesen
EDIT: Holy not so good, now there is a text... so ignore my post.

Why is everyone so impatient? Tongue

I know that feeling from piloting and co-piloting a BH while staying in the air, killing everything, for more than a few minutes.

btw, i thought you were German DeltaForce, why am i then unable to watch it because of GEMA Sad

Yes i am, and yesterday i checked by logging out of my youtube account and there was no restriction. However there is a solution.

You can either use Proxtube (click here) both avaiable for Firefox and Google Chrome. It unblocks youtube videos.

Or you can use a service like http://hidemyass.com/ and copypaste the url in there.

I recommend proxtube, because it is more comfortable and you can choose all the options like 1080p, as it is essentially just an unblock of the restriction.

UH-60 Blackhawk: Guide Video
[Bild: 5mLZc.png]
(Dieser Beitrag wurde zuletzt bearbeitet: 11-04-2012 11:39 AM von DeltaForce.)
11-04-2012, 11:49 AM | Beitrag #8
Offline Stinkyfingers 
I always think to myself, what's the point of playing an online multiplayer game if you have no interest in teamwork?

Great video.

[Bild: Smell_Em.png]
11-04-2012, 11:49 AM | Beitrag #9
Offline TaxmanB 
I lol'd when Fortunate Son started playing. Good job guys. I tried this a couple times with my friend but when going against a team with apcs and good attack heli, you get blasted away very fast :\. Still waiting for a transport choppy only map.

11-04-2012, 12:07 PM | Beitrag #10
Offline BoomStick. 
Yeah, man! That's how you do it! Most noobs use blackhawk miniguns to shoot the sea, just to make sure they'll be out of ammo when there's actually some enemy to shoot at. The less nooby noobs are incapable of figuring out other use for them than camping the helo and spawnkilling. Not to mention dumb pilots bailing out when they reached THEIR target, another great way to make your team loose.
I remeber a round on Oman where I piloted the blackhawk and there were two good and conscious gunners with me. We totally dominated the game. Russian team hardly earned any points at all.

[Bild: sig2.png]
11-04-2012, 12:27 PM | Beitrag #11
Offline BuckTester 
That was an awesome round, nice footage.

To reply to some of the comments; Yes, there were only a handful engineers on the opposing team the whole round and none of them did a very good job at taking us on. I piloted the entire round and wasn't shot down once.

The APCs seemed otherwise occupied so they didn't threat us a lot either. We did have a close encounter with the Havoc at one point though and I really thought we were smoked (7 min in). I was already low on HP and I had the enemy Havoc incoming but somehow he missed me and we stayed alive.

Was great fun and a great round!

Some shameless self-promotion while I'm at it!

[Bild: grin.png]

I am a Community Moderator, not an Official EA Representative
[Bild: jDk2uU]

Submit BL-ban? - Appeal BL-ban!
11-04-2012, 12:41 PM | Beitrag #12
Offline Mr.Profesional 
(11-04-2012 12:27 PM)BuckRaven schrieb:  That was an awesome round, nice footage.

To reply to some of the comments; Yes, there were only a handful engineers on the opposing team the whole round and none of them did a very good job at taking us on. I piloted the entire round and wasn't shot down once.

The APCs seemed otherwise occupied so they didn't threat us a lot either. We did have a close encounter with the Havoc at one point though and I really thought we were smoked (7 min in). I was already low on HP and I had the enemy Havoc incoming but somehow he missed me and we stayed alive.

Was great fun and a great round!

Some shameless self-promotion while I'm at it!

[Bild: grin.png]

And now try same with Russian Transport Helicopter))) No way you'll manage to kill much as in video, developers must improve Russian helicopters, because they are not equal.

(Dieser Beitrag wurde zuletzt bearbeitet: 11-04-2012 12:42 PM von Mr.Profesional.)
11-04-2012, 12:47 PM | Beitrag #13
Offline BuckTester 
(11-04-2012 12:41 PM)Mr.Profesional schrieb:  And now try same with Russian Transport Helicopter))) No way you'll manage to kill much as in video, developers must improve Russian helicopters, because they are not equal.
I agree, haven't tried it with the Russian heli much but I'm sure up for it but I don't expect it to work as well.

11-04-2012, 01:01 PM | Beitrag #14
Offline kazimi3 
The US helicopter is a lot easier. The miniguns are a lot more powerfull.
It's a long time ago I had played in a good time but sometimes it happens. Played with some friends in DV and we used the blackhawk.
I was a medic with vehicle healing ability, so I healed my friends.
2 engineers were sitting on place 4 and 5, shooting vehicles and repairing the heli.
1 sniper and 1 assault were using the miniguns.
This was the best and most fun game I've ever played.

If your team is losing and you keep dieing, look at the sky and you will see me flying a plane
11-04-2012, 01:03 PM | Beitrag #15
Offline numeris1snaiperi 
ho do you change all those

destroyed vehiche into boom
or target neutrallized how tel me plzzzzz

11-04-2012, 01:08 PM | Beitrag #16
Offline BuckTester 
(11-04-2012 01:01 PM)kazimi3 schrieb:  The US helicopter is a lot easier. The miniguns are a lot more powerfull.
It's a long time ago I had played in a good time but sometimes it happens. Played with some friends in DV and we used the blackhawk.
I was a medic with vehicle healing ability, so I healed my friends.
2 engineers were sitting on place 4 and 5, shooting vehicles and repairing the heli.
1 sniper and 1 assault were using the miniguns.
This was the best and most fun game I've ever played.

Yes, in my opinion, Medics with the MedEvac-skill are the best choice for piloting any vehicle really (once I'm done playing with my engineer in a day or two, I'm up for some Medic-piloting).

(Dieser Beitrag wurde zuletzt bearbeitet: 11-04-2012 01:09 PM von BuckTester.)
11-04-2012, 01:13 PM | Beitrag #17
Offline Klingon.Dentist 
(11-04-2012 11:35 AM)cekoto schrieb:  This should be moved to Science Fiction subforum. Under normal circumstances the UH 60 would have been shot down in like 20-30 seconds, especially on DV which is full of APCs. I am not trolling, I just find that video bizarre. I watched it and I saw the pilot hovering over an enemy flag for like 10 seconds and no one shot even 1 RPG at you. Maybe there were no engineers on the enemy team, or you were just playing against noobs, but unfortunately a player owning like that is extremely difficult and it doesn't come down to teamwork but to pure luck! I still think that EAsy should make the transport helicopters similar to those in Bad Comapny 2 (less armor, but more powerful weapons).

+1. it would be black hawk down on my watch.

AKA Hamush. BF P$F future update:

* more levels. bought extra tp? tough luck.
* attachments upgrade.
- +3 weapons in store, and +5 later.
- buff tier3 hp toughness.

IT'S ALL ABOUT TAKING YOUR MONEY AND LAUGH IN YOUR FACE! [Bild: 7aqc76e]
11-04-2012, 01:20 PM | Beitrag #18
Offline Fenderalac 
This reminds me of BC2 black hawk teamwork Smile I would like to have someone like you guys in my team Tongue

[Bild: b2AU0.png]
11-04-2012, 01:26 PM | Beitrag #19
Offline Strac.CRO 
wrong forum section, move it to media

[Bild: journeyv.jpg]

11-04-2012, 02:04 PM | Beitrag #20
Offline BoomStick. 
(11-04-2012 01:26 PM)Str1000ac schrieb:  wrong forum section, move it to media

Or tutorials. Seriously that's how blackhawk should be used. Although personally I don't mind that thread being in general discussion.

[Bild: sig2.png]

Gehe zu:

WEB_PLAYER_PROFILE_ADD_TO_FRIENDS
WEB_PLAYER_PROFILE_REMOVE_FROM_FRIENDS
/de/ajax/checkFriendStatus
/de/ajax/friend
Battlefield Play4Free benötigt mindestens Windows XP.
Bitte aktualisiere auf Internet Explorer 5 oder neuer.
Die 64bit-Version des Internet Explorers wird derzeit nicht unterstützt. Verwende bitte die 32bit-Version.
Bitte aktualisiere auf Firefox 1.5 oder neuer.
Bitte probiere den Internet Explorer, Firefox oder Chrome.
Battlefield Play4Free kann mit deinem Browser derzeit nicht gespielt werden.