Hallo, Gast!

27-03-2012, 08:12 AM | Beitrag #101
Offline Healthy 
w00t, still no blue answer? Big Grin

[Bild: cheg.png]
27-03-2012, 08:18 AM | Beitrag #102
Offline roennel 
(27-03-2012 08:12 AM)Healthy schrieb:  w00t, still no blue answer? Big Grin

(26-03-2012 03:11 PM)Healin4ev3r schrieb:  according to HATE ( he replied me ), right now there are many theory about this that they can't say anything officially, but no "silent nerf" or similar was made. We'll have to wait more Sleepy Lets fill the thread with testing vids so the devs can have a detailed thread with eveidences when they're ready to look into this problem Smile

Shy

27-03-2012, 08:38 AM | Beitrag #103
Offline TaxManD 
Well, to be fair, they never stated the damage in the config should be exactly like how it is in game, Maybe we were too hasty when we considered what we've found in the game files should reflect exactly in the game :>. I don't think this is a problem or bug, it's just the way they design it, I'm sure they have special modifiers that we're not supposed to find out, or shall we? Tongue

(Dieser Beitrag wurde zuletzt bearbeitet: 27-03-2012 08:40 AM von TaxManD.)
27-03-2012, 08:47 AM | Beitrag #104
Offline roennel 
(27-03-2012 08:38 AM)TaxManD schrieb:  Well, to be fair, they never stated the damage in the config should be exactly like how it is in game, Maybe we were too hasty when we considered what we've found in the game files should reflect exactly in the game :>. I don't think this is a problem or bug, it's just the way they design it, I'm sure they have special modifiers that we're not supposed to find out, or shall we? Tongue

They already stated that they kinda don't like it when we go all crazy on stats (-only), they rather would have us test the weapons for feel, and they are kinda right...but i hate providing false information with my tool, which i'm sure i already do in some cases as there are just so much mysteries around certain things.

It would still be cool of them to provide some more infoHeart

27-03-2012, 12:58 PM | Beitrag #105
Offline Wixx 
right the feel factor eh?

[Bild: wixx_sig.png]
28-03-2012, 01:24 AM | Beitrag #106
Offline j4rh34d 
(27-03-2012 12:58 PM)Wixx schrieb:  right the feel factor eh?

Well it feels pretty sucky when your gun isn't doing the damage it's supposed too, probably explains why they removed actual stats from the store and replacecd it with meaningless statements eg. medium

I'm more concerned that +3 weapons seem to do almost identical damage to non-+3 weapons, and it's all very well HATE saying there is no need for tin hats, but the results in this thread form testing seem to imply differently Undecided

[Bild: 20thdecembersignature.png]
28-03-2012, 02:03 AM | Beitrag #107
Offline Ragedino 
so... theyre just gonna get rid of +3 overall with no refunds? geez
28-03-2012, 04:56 AM | Beitrag #108
Offline Healin4ev3r 
(27-03-2012 08:38 AM)TaxManD schrieb:  Well, to be fair, they never stated the damage in the config should be exactly like how it is in game, Maybe we were too hasty when we considered what we've found in the game files should reflect exactly in the game :>. I don't think this is a problem or bug, it's just the way they design it, I'm sure they have special modifiers that we're not supposed to find out, or shall we? Tongue

even if the system was designed that way ( hope it wasn't ), according to St0mpy's test result, barrels that increase weapon's range actually have no effects, which is obviously NOT the way EAsy designed it.

[Bild: xhUzq]

Honey Badger
PTFO
28-03-2012, 07:27 AM | Beitrag #109
Offline coax. 
(26-03-2012 08:00 PM)wtfwtf schrieb:  
(26-03-2012 05:58 PM)St0mpy schrieb:  The triangulation function getVectorDistance uses absolute values but I cant seem to find the core math library yet .... anyone? EDIT: ah perhaps its in dice_py.dll, anyone got any dll decompilers set up? Big Grin

Why can't i send you PM's? Sad

Well anyway, i've tried before (although for different reasons) and couldn't really get something out of it, but then again i suck to much in those things.

maybe you can try, check out those.

btw, thanks for the vid Aranornth...it seems the collisionHardness hasn't got anything to do with this, as you're doing less damage than your supposed to do to with the M95...and it most probably has nothing to do with it as st0mpy's newest find's tell.

(28-03-2012 04:56 AM)Healin4ev3r schrieb:  

even if the system was designed that way ( hope it wasn't ), according to St0mpy's test result, barrels that increase weapon's range actually have no effects, which is obviously NOT the way EAsy designed it.

Maybe they made a mistake while implementing the range system?
IIRC this game uses the BF2 engine and BF2 had a different system for distance damage.
It's been some time since I last had a look at the weapon files of BF2 but I certainly haven't ever seen something like
"ObjectTemplate.longMinDamage 13"
in the weapon configs. BF2 didnt have all these ranges, just a minimum damage value.
They changed the system in BFP4F which may have unwanted sideeffects.
BF2 also used different materials for every weapon. BFP4F only has 3 ammo types for handheld weapons (normal,sniper, shotgun).

I only have very basic knowledge of how the Refractor2 Engine works, but I suspect it has something to do with the new range parameters which didnt exist in BF2.
I can't analyse the range system any further as I don't know how to do so, but maybe people like wtfwtf are able to do that.

However, I'm sure it doesn't have anything to do with the different materials the projectiles use.
The material system has been working well since ages and all the important modifiers for bullet vs soldier are either 1 or 2.1 for headshots, so I don't think the problem can be found somewhere in the materialmanager etc.

BTW: Didn't BF2 also have a modifier for the angle the bullet hits the target? Maybe that one is still there and alters damage numbers.
28-03-2012, 05:28 PM | Beitrag #110
Offline IgnisSolus 
So why haven't the devs responded yet?
29-03-2012, 11:15 AM | Beitrag #111
Offline strangers123 
So...after some hours of intensive testing with wtfwtf, we have come to a shocking result:

This is the playlist with all the videos

Too Long; Didnt Watch:

After testing the PP19, PP2k, MP7 +3 and the M14 EBR +3, we have found that (using wtfwtf's alchemical.cc), there may be an extra range modifier hiding around there that defines damages at ranges close to the borders of current "known" ranges (initial range, medium range and long/infinite range). This might be why guns rarely hit their max statistical damage (thanks stOmpy). My numbers tell me that the closer you are to the start of your range (initial, medium and long/infinite) the higher the chance of you doing max damage and the lower the chance of you doing min damage there is. THIS IS UNCONFIRMED, ONLY BASED OFF WHAT I FELT DURING TESTING.

@Healin: We also pretty much confirmed why players seem to have 99 or 98 health upon respawn. Due to number rounding, the last number is nearly ALWAYS rounded down and some numbers during firing are also rounded down. Yet the wierd thing was that some (very rare) were rounded UP for the firer (I believe StOmpy already said this earlier).

Now for the worst: Damages that statistically...DONT EXIST! Stats of the M14 EBR with CQC ammo, precision barrel, M145 and Tactical Stock] At around 30 metres (moving backwards by a step after every shot) we hit the "barrier" between mid range and long range (damage wise). Blink and youll miss it, but my M14 EBR +3 with CQC ammo did 35 damage in a "sweet spot". Alchemical.cc stats say that number...dont fucking exist. (sorry for that swear word it really needs to fit...SCREW EA CENSORING!) This really made me think, and I did notice the same thing with other weapons from other classes and I noticed a same sweetspot at 15 metres where we went from statistical initial range to medium range. We also did statistically inexistent damages there.

Too Long; Didnt read: I smell fish! (must be leaking from the oven, but the one in real life smells good Tongue)

(Dieser Beitrag wurde zuletzt bearbeitet: 01-04-2012 07:33 PM von strangers123.)
29-03-2012, 11:22 AM | Beitrag #112
Offline ay.j.eng 
To me, it sounds like working as expected. Damage falloff based on distance is better than doing random damage based on min-max for the range.

EDIT: Btw, that playlist shows "This playlist is private" for me.

(Dieser Beitrag wurde zuletzt bearbeitet: 29-03-2012 11:23 AM von ay.j.eng.)
29-03-2012, 11:32 AM | Beitrag #113
Offline strangers123 
(29-03-2012 11:22 AM)ay.j.eng schrieb:  To me, it sounds like working as expected. Damage falloff based on distance is better than doing random damage based on min-max for the range.

Sorry, i clicked the share as public, but forgot to click save :/

29-03-2012, 11:46 AM | Beitrag #114
Offline strangers123 
(28-03-2012 01:24 AM)j4rh34d schrieb:  
(27-03-2012 12:58 PM)Wixx schrieb:  right the feel factor eh?

Well it feels pretty sucky when your gun isn't doing the damage it's supposed too, probably explains why they removed actual stats from the store and replacecd it with meaningless statements eg. medium

That makes sense when you think over it...

If what I said 3 posts above and what my results kinda found out, then there may be something hidden from us that they dont want us to find. Now looking at what wtfwtf said during our testing and what j4rh34d said about the new stats system, I do believe that this might have something with them not liking the tool (its 3rd party, nothing EAsy can do about it except kindly ask wtfwtf to close it) and that it reveals stats. My guns pre nerf did pretty much exactly what they should have been doing. Nothing wrong about that.

(Dieser Beitrag wurde zuletzt bearbeitet: 29-03-2012 11:46 AM von strangers123.)
29-03-2012, 12:39 PM | Beitrag #115
Offline roennel 
(29-03-2012 11:22 AM)ay.j.eng schrieb:  To me, it sounds like working as expected. Damage falloff based on distance is better than doing random damage based on min-max for the range.

Well yeah, i agree with that, it would be better, but then again that doesn't explain where the inexistant numbers come from, other than that maybe only initialMinDamage & longMaxDamage are used right now, and the actual Drop Off is calculated.

Nonetheless, it's not working correctly i think...we sometimes did really different damages on the same ranges as well as hitting higher damages on longer range, which is the reverse of what it should do, in case it exists.

And it also seems weird that HATE has adjusted every single Damage Attribute on the PTE Pistol Nerf and actually wrote them down for the Public, which makes it seem even more of a bug.

And i said that about the tool more as kindof a joke, although you ofc never know and we're still missing an answer from a PM we've sent about 2 months ago. I can/would take it down on request but there's no real reason for that as long as their not providing something similar. Everyone would still have the GameFiles and just do their own interpretations, which on average would be worse i guess.

And if you look at the statistics you can see that it clearly get's used, so people want something like that.

(28-03-2012 01:24 AM)j4rh34d schrieb:  Well it feels pretty sucky when your gun isn't doing the damage it's supposed too, probably explains why they removed actual stats from the store and replacecd it with meaningless statements eg. medium

Idk, i still think they did that because it's easier for them to change, and that way they can also control the 'Buy-Flow' a little more. The Figures before weren't really helpful either, as far as i remember it was initialRangeMax Damage + mediumRangeMax Damage + longRangeMax Damage in case of Damage, and Range was only Medium Range Start.

(Dieser Beitrag wurde zuletzt bearbeitet: 29-03-2012 12:46 PM von roennel.)
29-03-2012, 12:43 PM | Beitrag #116
Offline Healin4ev3r 
OK, so not just barrels not working, but ammo attachments aren't working property, too ? Smells fishy, indeed Confused

Honey Badger
PTFO
29-03-2012, 01:18 PM | Beitrag #117
Offline Terminat0r. 
I found a test video here:

its not mine.

[Bild: 5vc11y.jpg]
(Dieser Beitrag wurde zuletzt bearbeitet: 29-03-2012 01:18 PM von Terminat0r..)
29-03-2012, 01:19 PM | Beitrag #118
Offline Healin4ev3r 
(29-03-2012 01:18 PM)Savior. schrieb:  I found a test video here:

its not mine.

and you found Solid's YT channel Wink He already posted that testing vid in this thread.

Honey Badger
PTFO
29-03-2012, 01:23 PM | Beitrag #119
Offline Terminat0r. 
(29-03-2012 01:19 PM)Healin4ev3r schrieb:  and you found Solid's YT channel Wink He already posted that testing vid in this thread.
oops. nvm.
why didn`t people watch this vid?
when I saw it, it only had 16 views.

[Bild: 5vc11y.jpg]
(Dieser Beitrag wurde zuletzt bearbeitet: 29-03-2012 01:25 PM von Terminat0r..)
29-03-2012, 01:40 PM | Beitrag #120
Offline CropedFrag 
suicide bug :/ not so good.

Gehe zu:

WEB_PLAYER_PROFILE_ADD_TO_FRIENDS
WEB_PLAYER_PROFILE_REMOVE_FROM_FRIENDS
/de/ajax/checkFriendStatus
/de/ajax/friend
Battlefield Play4Free benötigt mindestens Windows XP.
Bitte aktualisiere auf Internet Explorer 5 oder neuer.
Die 64bit-Version des Internet Explorers wird derzeit nicht unterstützt. Verwende bitte die 32bit-Version.
Bitte aktualisiere auf Firefox 1.5 oder neuer.
Bitte probiere den Internet Explorer, Firefox oder Chrome.
Battlefield Play4Free kann mit deinem Browser derzeit nicht gespielt werden.