Hallo, Gast!

05-01-2012, 06:05 AM | Beitrag #5981
Offline Parrina 
E.Bailey wrote:

To all those Canadians out there now that we have an answer i will post this as i already contacted a lawyer over Christmas (friend of mine) and he has advised me that we have several options regarding this (sorry to the rest of the world but this type of law is almost universal check your local laws).

None of these options are guaranteed to work out but as these weapons were advertised as "permanent" or "forever" we will have a very good case. There is very little case law around virtual property but what there is is all in our favour :-)

First piece of advice he says is to be patient, this could take months if not years and will take up some of your time and a little money if you are serious about it (cost of a small claims filing is usually $50 and we probably spent more on the weaps in the 1st place). But he also says it will cost EAsy much much more to fight 100000 small claims cases all around the world then it will be for each of us individually to file it and many of us will get default judgments when they don't show.

Second is to attempt to rectify through all other channels besides the courts first (judges dislike people jumping right to the courts). The only ones im aware of being with customer support and the BBB, document EVERYTHING, when you called/chatted/emailed, who it was you conversed with and what the outcome was. If you accept a resolution that is the final end of the process and what you get.

If that doesn't work to your satisfaction

1) If BF were purchased with a credit card, you can call your credit card company and file a services/product fraud complaint.
- Couple caveats with this option. The time since you made the purchase can greatly affect how this will turn out. If you bought the BF in Oct/Nov and the weapons at the same time you should be ok. 6 months previous to that it will be harder to argue.
- This now adds an additional company to the legal battle and can cause additional headaches for you but could also cause them for EAsy depending on how the CC company views this practice. The CC company may side with EAsy and deem it not fraud, at that point the charges will be restored to your CC.

2) Fraud and deceptive business practices (the courts)

Please note what Easy has done is not "bait and switch" it is actually classified as product/service or contract fraud depending on how it is viewed regarding virtual products(property) and the TOS (contract).

Fraud in this case is defined as advertising/selling a product/service then providing a substandard product/service than what was originally advertised. The hard part will be determining if what was provided is what we agreed to or not (TOS).

He reviewed the TOS and the section that the blues are pointing to DOES NOT state that they can remove/change/devalue currently owned virtual products when ever they like without compensation (he said if this is what EAsy's lawyers said they can do they need to be fired and disbarred). It does say they can change the inventory in their store and thats all unless their store inventory some how includes your characters inventory to which he can find no documentation saying so.

Additionally since the weapons were advertised as permanent and "forever" they cannot then go back and state that they have the right to change something that is "permanent" which has a direct dictionary definition of "Lasting or intended to last or remain unchanged indefinitely" which is what a layman would understand the word means and what the courts would consider.

Last thing is that the introduction of the customization closely followed by the removal of legacy weapon attachments is a very clear example of a company "enriching themselves through deception" as they sold you something, changed it and then charged you to get back what you already had. This being the case they could be up for massive fines or product injunctions if this was taken to criminal court (something else to look at)

Additionally he said we probably do not want to do a class action as it will actually be in EAsy's best interest as they will only need to fight one case in one district in each state/province/country filed.

So for all you out there we do have several resources, all depends on how far you want to take it. I personally do not know if i want to spend the time and effort for this as a BBB complaint takes 30 days and then a small claims case could take months to be heard but they have kinda ticked me off with this and the blue response in this thread reeks of arrogance.

Ripping you off since Dec.2011.Its the Sleasy way!
05-01-2012, 06:06 AM | Beitrag #5982
Offline Parrina 
(05-01-2012 06:05 AM)Parrina schrieb:  E.Bailey wrote:

To all those Canadians out there now that we have an answer i will post this as i already contacted a lawyer over Christmas (friend of mine) and he has advised me that we have several options regarding this (sorry to the rest of the world but this type of law is almost universal check your local laws).

None of these options are guaranteed to work out but as these weapons were advertised as "permanent" or "forever" we will have a very good case. There is very little case law around virtual property but what there is is all in our favour :-)

First piece of advice he says is to be patient, this could take months if not years and will take up some of your time and a little money if you are serious about it (cost of a small claims filing is usually $50 and we probably spent more on the weaps in the 1st place). But he also says it will cost EAsy much much more to fight 100000 small claims cases all around the world then it will be for each of us individually to file it and many of us will get default judgments when they don't show.

Second is to attempt to rectify through all other channels besides the courts first (judges dislike people jumping right to the courts). The only ones im aware of being with customer support and the BBB, document EVERYTHING, when you called/chatted/emailed, who it was you conversed with and what the outcome was. If you accept a resolution that is the final end of the process and what you get.

1) If BF were purchased with a credit card, you can call your credit card company and file a services/product fraud complaint.
- Couple caveats with this option. The time since you made the purchase can greatly affect how this will turn out. If you bought the BF in Oct/Nov and the weapons at the same time you should be ok. 6 months previous to that it will be harder to argue.
- This now adds an additional company to the legal battle and can cause additional headaches for you but could also cause them for EAsy depending on how the CC company views this practice. The CC company may side with EAsy and deem it not fraud, at that point the charges will be restored to your CC.

Please note what Easy has done is not "bait and switch" it is actually classified as product/service or contract fraud depending on how it is viewed regarding virtual products(property) and the TOS (contract).

Fraud in this case is defined as advertising/selling a product/service then providing a substandard product/service than what was originally advertised. The hard part will be determining if what was provided is what we agreed to or not (TOS).

He reviewed the TOS and the section that the blues are pointing to DOES NOT state that they can remove/change/devalue currently owned virtual products when ever they like without compensation (he said if this is what EAsy's lawyers said they can do they need to be fired and disbarred). It does say they can change the inventory in their store and thats all unless their store inventory some how includes your characters inventory to which he can find no documentation saying so.

Additionally since the weapons were advertised as permanent and "forever" they cannot then go back and state that they have the right to change something that is "permanent" which has a direct dictionary definition of "Lasting or intended to last or remain unchanged indefinitely" which is what a layman would understand the word means and what the courts would consider.

Last thing is that the introduction of the customization closely followed by the removal of legacy weapon attachments is a very clear example of a company "enriching themselves through deception" as they sold you something, changed it and then charged you to get back what you already had. This being the case they could be up for massive fines or product injunctions if this was taken to criminal court (something else to look at)

Additionally he said we probably do not want to do a class action as it will actually be in EAsy's best interest as they will only need to fight one case in one district in each state/province/country filed.

So for all you out there we do have several resources, all depends on how far you want to take it. I personally do not know if i want to spend the time and effort for this as a BBB complaint takes 30 days and then a small claims case could take months to be heard but they have kinda ticked me off with this and the blue response in this thread reeks of arrogance.

Spread the word.

Ripping you off since Dec.2011.Its the Sleasy way!
05-01-2012, 06:14 AM | Beitrag #5983
Offline Ghostrider0067 
(05-01-2012 05:58 AM)Raijukin schrieb:  
(05-01-2012 05:53 AM)Septuagint schrieb:  
(05-01-2012 05:48 AM)Ghostrider0067 schrieb:  
(05-01-2012 05:46 AM)Septuagint schrieb:  They also need really bad publicity from sites like ign, etc.

I worked on that angle, and I've heard nothing back. I hit four more large and well known sites yesterday to no avail. I'll give them through the weekend to reply, but I'm not holding my breath over it.

Hmmm we must keep trying. Ign might be in partnership with EAsy. Ign's logo is on the battlefield heroes site. One thing is we need to make this known. We need to leave 0 scores and warnings on user reviews. We can do that at ign as well. Some o the more heard of websites.

dont forget these sites..

http://www.mmorpg.com/
http://www.onrpg.com/
http://mmohuts.com/
http://www.fpsguru.com/

You can make your own post on the sites that are forums.. such as mmorpg.com so you can get the word out without needing an official post from the creator of the site or things like that

I didn't know about those, but I did hit the following:

IGN/Gamespy
G4
Kotaku
1UP
Gamezone
Ars Technica
Shack News
Computer and Video Games
Euro Gamer

I also hit up two of the more well known gaming reviewers on YouTube as well. Still, no response. I've received NOTHING in return from any of the sites, and I don't expect that I will. Should you wish me to post what I'd written here, I'll be fine with that. I didn't fill it with all of the uneducated piss and vinegar that some might since that stuff rarely works, but I did very thoroughly convey our anger at this issue.

For the sake of the cause, I'll fire off the message to the others just shown to me.

*edit*

I just sent my message off to FPSguru, MMOhuts, and OnRPG.

I don't really feel like getting involved in a bunch of forums in order to spread the word, but that's just me. I'm sure that more than a few others have already taken that avenue for me.

[Bild: 391560_4337901687061_1154472848_n.jpg]
(Dieser Beitrag wurde zuletzt bearbeitet: 05-01-2012 06:34 AM von Ghostrider0067.)
05-01-2012, 06:36 AM | Beitrag #5984
Online FitzSy66 
Battlefield Play For Free is the biggest JOKE in the history of the internet and so is EA... They do nothing to develope new games they just stamp out the same game over and over. Does this game look like bf 1942? Battlefield Vietnam? Battlefield 2? How about the same Madden game over and over and over. Ea lacks the creativity to come out with something new and interesting, instead they turn out the same crap over and over modified slightly. Now EA is now stealing from people with their play for free games. I have said it before and I will say it now!!!! FUCKOFF ea. I have decided I will pursue other gaming options, until I find something to play I will do everything in my being to ruin EA and get my money back.
I don't like it when people steal from me.
05-01-2012, 06:54 AM | Beitrag #5985
Offline Jerdomino 
(05-01-2012 05:19 AM)E.Bailey schrieb:  To all those Canadians out there now that we have an answer i will post this as i already contacted a lawyer over Christmas (friend of mine) and he has advised me that we have several options regarding this (sorry to the rest of the world but this type of law is almost universal check your local laws).

. . .

Ok, so you are now my new hero. They kinda ticked me off with this, too, and since it's already been a month since they first changed my weapon I'll consider that time in the bank. I'm going the BBB route for sure, and I think small claims might be just the thing to clear the February Blues. I don't live all that far from downtown and can book off the time when it's necessary.

Cheers from Calgary...you have prodded me into action.

[Bild: PLAY4FREE.png]
05-01-2012, 07:11 AM | Beitrag #5986
Offline Jerdomino 
This is very cool, (click here) and also for Canadians only...sorry guys...but it's an official point of contact for the federal government's Office of Consumer Affairs. It's a q/a form that guides you to making the complaint and where to send it to, but doesn't send it for you. You have to do that. Prevents spam, I suspect. I'm going the 'internet shopping/fraud' route, then I'll follow Bailey's advice.

[Bild: PLAY4FREE.png]
05-01-2012, 07:53 AM | Beitrag #5987
Offline UselessB 
(05-01-2012 04:41 AM)Meatstorm schrieb:  All of these slEAsy creeps have real names:

http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/credits

It's time we started using them. Find their Twitter accounts and whatever else you can. Let their "followers" know what kind of ethics these people have. Find their professional pages. Let other industry professionals know that slEAsy's unique new business model is based on deception and theft. Not so unique and new at all...

Let them feel the public shame that any common thief SHOULD feel!

lol, that many people are responsible for this sack crap.

<Inappropriate signature removed by HomeSen (read the Forum Rules, again)>

Stating that EA removed content from my account without my permission, after telling me that they wouldn't, is inappropriate.
05-01-2012, 07:55 AM | Beitrag #5988
Offline UselessB 
(05-01-2012 07:11 AM)Jerdomino schrieb:  This is very cool, (click here) and also for Canadians only...sorry guys...but it's an official point of contact for the federal government's Office of Consumer Affairs. It's a q/a form that guides you to making the complaint and where to send it to, but doesn't send it for you. You have to do that. Prevents spam, I suspect. I'm going the 'internet shopping/fraud' route, then I'll follow Bailey's advice.

Thanks for the link.

<Inappropriate signature removed by HomeSen (read the Forum Rules, again)>

Stating that EA removed content from my account without my permission, after telling me that they wouldn't, is inappropriate.
05-01-2012, 08:21 AM | Beitrag #5989
Offline Tuga 
(05-01-2012 06:05 AM)Parrina schrieb:  E.Bailey wrote:

Thank you for posting that. I was about to post something to the same effect (that 1000 small claims court disputes would probably hurt them more than a class action lawsuit) but your post goes a lot deeper and I appreciate the time and effort you put into it and into letting us all know about it. The other advantage of the small claims court is that in some places they cannot send in a lawyer to represent the company, it has to be an employee.

Having said that I would suggest that anyone seriously thinking of pursuing legal recourse research it a little bit more to figure out exactly where those places are to take advantage of that and get in touch with others who are willing to pursue legal means to seek some sort of justice. If one of us goes into court really well prepared and wins, then that should pave the way for others to use the precedent. That is why it is extremely important that you go in well prepared. Then the rest of us can chip away at them one at a time or even ask for several cases to be heard together, since the basis for the complaint would be the same and only the amount of damages might differ.

I'll be happy if we can cost them a dollar for every cent that they ripped off.

May your death be long and painful, Easy.

05-01-2012, 08:22 AM | Beitrag #5990
Offline TRONT2 
5 number of the answer still isn't present interesting they actually us so don't respect and don't listen to us or develop новою strategy on withdrawal at us money? ЕА YOU DO NOT RECEIVE FROM us NOT COPECK!!! RETURN THAT THAT HAVE stolen THAT FOR WHAT we HAVE paid!!!
05-01-2012, 08:40 AM | Beitrag #5991
Offline xXFALL3NxHEROXx 
(05-01-2012 06:14 AM)Ghostrider0067 schrieb:  
(05-01-2012 05:58 AM)Raijukin schrieb:  
(05-01-2012 05:53 AM)Septuagint schrieb:  
(05-01-2012 05:48 AM)Ghostrider0067 schrieb:  
(05-01-2012 05:46 AM)Septuagint schrieb:  They also need really bad publicity from sites like ign, etc.

I worked on that angle, and I've heard nothing back. I hit four more large and well known sites yesterday to no avail. I'll give them through the weekend to reply, but I'm not holding my breath over it.

Hmmm we must keep trying. Ign might be in partnership with EAsy. Ign's logo is on the battlefield heroes site. One thing is we need to make this known. We need to leave 0 scores and warnings on user reviews. We can do that at ign as well. Some o the more heard of websites.

dont forget these sites..

http://www.mmorpg.com/
http://www.onrpg.com/
http://mmohuts.com/
http://www.fpsguru.com/

You can make your own post on the sites that are forums.. such as mmorpg.com so you can get the word out without needing an official post from the creator of the site or things like that

I didn't know about those, but I did hit the following:

IGN/Gamespy
G4
Kotaku
1UP
Gamezone
Ars Technica
Shack News
Computer and Video Games
Euro Gamer

I also hit up two of the more well known gaming reviewers on YouTube as well. Still, no response. I've received NOTHING in return from any of the sites, and I don't expect that I will. Should you wish me to post what I'd written here, I'll be fine with that. I didn't fill it with all of the uneducated piss and vinegar that some might since that stuff rarely works, but I did very thoroughly convey our anger at this issue.

For the sake of the cause, I'll fire off the message to the others just shown to me.

*edit*

I just sent my message off to FPSguru, MMOhuts, and OnRPG.

I don't really feel like getting involved in a bunch of forums in order to spread the word, but that's just me. I'm sure that more than a few others have already taken that avenue for me.

Could also try Joystiq, they did an article about the whole issue in BFH way back. They might be willing to lend an ear this time as well.

12/20/11
05-01-2012, 08:41 AM | Beitrag #5992
Offline xXFALL3NxHEROXx 
(05-01-2012 04:44 AM)Ghostrider0067 schrieb:  Seeing as though some of you guys are BFH players and have experienced actions eerily similar to this by EAsy/EA, this should be familiar to you.. as sad and true as that is.

Yeah except last time it was a slap in the face to the free users, where as this time it was a slap in the face to paying users.

Makes logical sense doesn't it?

12/20/11
05-01-2012, 09:24 AM | Beitrag #5993
Offline psijaka 
(04-01-2012 05:19 PM)Ainudil schrieb:  It isn't about -ignoring- legacy players. Simple fact is that this is our stance: http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/foru...?tid=61323
But it IS about ignoring legacy players; having your uncompromising "stance" is hardly engaging in constructive discussion with them, is it?

Well, my stance is this: The way that this has been handled leaves such a bad taste in the mouth, that it is very unlikely that I will ever play this game again, even if things were restored pre Dec 1st, which was when the rot set in.

I have ordered a decent PC, so that I can run proper games, and have been invited onto the Firefall beta, which the developers are adamant will be a true "free to play" game, not "pay to win". They look after their community.

[Bild: davo.jpg]
05-01-2012, 09:42 AM | Beitrag #5994
Offline stay-high-149 
well guys IS THERE ANY PROGRESS??? because we just complain there is no action..Sad

if there is some action against EA tell me

05-01-2012, 09:43 AM | Beitrag #5995
Offline sp3lk 
im a long time player just back from a break. when i first saw the complaints i thought to myself oh great here we go with the whining again.

i wasnt even that hugly bothered about about the fact my saw now has 80 rounds a mag and only two mags. what really annoyes me is the lies. your gun will be on par with what you orginally bought. hows that when every one who bought veteran and elite guns got the same gun???

05-01-2012, 10:33 AM | Beitrag #5996
Offline [==C]Elefant 
(05-01-2012 12:04 AM)YoZza schrieb:  
(04-01-2012 11:59 PM)max603 schrieb:  Has there been one response from EA on this thread?

Not on this thread.. but they(a blue) did respond saying basicly sack it up.. we are protected by TOS.
This is the way game will be from now on.. This booster fest is enough for me..
Well today i dck quit this crap.. im trying to get a ban on this account .. trying ... im gone

Use cheats it´s EAsy.
05-01-2012, 10:38 AM | Beitrag #5997
Offline Bond4141 
if EA had tech support... it would be like this...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSKBoO5hBHk[youtube]

also, if you report this, nothing will happen, this is dev free zone, remember...?

[Bild: newsigduckEA.jpg]
(Dieser Beitrag wurde zuletzt bearbeitet: 05-01-2012 10:49 AM von Bond4141.)
05-01-2012, 10:38 AM | Beitrag #5998
Offline Grommen 
(04-01-2012 05:19 PM)Ainudil schrieb:  It isn't about -ignoring- legacy players. Simple fact is that this is our stance: http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/foru...?tid=61323

Well that made is simple and final.

DONE. I quit. EAsy will never see another penny from me.

You can pretend it's about balance, but it's about money. You know it. I know it. The 700,000 + views know it. I'm done

BF was one of my favorite games ever. First shooters I played. BF2 was one of the best multi-player games ever. All you had to do was copy it, and sell us toys. Money in the bank. But you wanted more didn't you?

Good luck.

BTW please ban me from the site and scrub this. I'll never be back to find out.
(Dieser Beitrag wurde zuletzt bearbeitet: 05-01-2012 10:38 AM von Grommen.)
05-01-2012, 10:42 AM | Beitrag #5999
Offline [==C]Elefant 
(05-01-2012 02:27 AM)Wizlawz schrieb:  i hated CA

? What does CA stand for ?
05-01-2012, 10:43 AM | Beitrag #6000
Offline [==C]Elefant 
(05-01-2012 02:44 AM)JackFirehazzard schrieb:  Check this out.

EPIC WIN for us EPIC FAIL for EAsy. Big Grin

Gehe zu:

WEB_PLAYER_PROFILE_ADD_TO_FRIENDS
WEB_PLAYER_PROFILE_REMOVE_FROM_FRIENDS
/de/ajax/checkFriendStatus
/de/ajax/friend
Battlefield Play4Free benötigt mindestens Windows XP.
Bitte aktualisiere auf Internet Explorer 5 oder neuer.
Die 64bit-Version des Internet Explorers wird derzeit nicht unterstützt. Verwende bitte die 32bit-Version.
Bitte aktualisiere auf Firefox 1.5 oder neuer.
Bitte probiere den Internet Explorer, Firefox oder Chrome.
Battlefield Play4Free kann mit deinem Browser derzeit nicht gespielt werden.