Battlefield Play4Free
Weapon Guide for Recon and Assault. - Druckversion

+- Battlefield Play4Free (/de/forum)
+-- Forum: Community Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tutorials, Guides and Strategies (/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thema: Weapon Guide for Recon and Assault. (/showthread.php?tid=74100)

Weapon Guide for Recon and Assault. - KZMZXthelegend - 06-04-2012 08:51 PM

ASSAULT GUIDE

The Assault Class
The Assault is the second most tactical class in the game.Altought, unlike the Recon, the most tactical class in-game, it isnt underpowered and, if you ask me, it was the most balanced class until FAMAS was released.Now its really OP.Ammo boxes allow him to mantain fire over enemies without the need to fall back for ammo, like the other classes need.He is able to request reinforcements and use Smoke Grenades to cover his allies' advance.C4 charges allow him to ready up an Intense Surprise Attack over enemy armor by making bomb cars.
Depending in his weapon, he can go up close and personal, get you pinned down at mid range or even outsnipe Recons with Higly Accurate Rifles.

Roles of the Assault
1- Mantain a constant supply of ammo for his allies.
2-Make it the hell for the enemy to hold a flag.
3- act as a mobile spawnpoint with "Request Reinforcements".
4- Lay down cover fire if there is no medic around to do so.
5-Use smoke to confuse the enemy and throw them off guard.

Assault Rifles

1-G3A4- Manageable recoil, low damage and low ammo count.Dont waste a credit/fund to customize it.Save those for Kreftdjur's devset or Destroyer's devset.Use it as long as you have no money to get something better.

2-AEK-971- Bouncy recoil, but manageable.High damage, good Rate of Fire and a decent ammo count.If you don't drop ammo boxes all time, you will burn through ammo pretty fast.Lethal on skilled hands.

3- M16A2-High performance Assault rifle.If you like a balanced, accurate and fast firing weapon, you will like M16A2.Get it with Destroyer's devset.Almost no recoil, good ammo count, fast rate of fire and default 3 shot bursts make it an Accurate, lethal weapon over mid and long range, reaching long ranges with ease and outsniping everyday Recons.Short range is not recommended because its good on it but gets outgunned by AEK-971 and other rifles with ease.

4-Scar-L - Balanced overall weapon, accurate over all ranges, even on Full Auto.Outgunned easily by AEK-971 on close Quarters and M16A2 over long ranges.Ideal for mid range.Not worth the money until dev's buff it.Damage and ammo count could be better.DONT BUY UNLESS YOU WANT A CHALLENGE THAT ISNT G3A4 SNIPING.

5-M4A1- Full auto M16A2 with less range and a bouncy sideways recoil.Worth the money if you buy it with Krefdtjur's devset. Full auto + more ammo+ more close range damage+ M16A2 like accuracy= lethal gun.Buy it if you want a balanced overall weapon that has more firepower over accuracy.

6- AK-47- Nice weapon when fitted with Krefdtjur's devset's attachments.This set of weapon and attachments combines controllable recoil, powerful close to mid range damage, somewhat useful long range burst fire and, over all these things, stylish kills.

MORE GUNS TO COME!

Devset Guide-This guide will be up to date and show what devsets award you.I will give personal advice for the best choice.

Krefdtjur's Devset- Nice devset, but a bit expensive.Stylish clothing.And a nice toy to play with: M4A1. Comes with good attachments and Rapid Aim Red Dot sight, which helps a lot in aiming.This devset boasts a balanced playstyle, that packs rate of fire, ammo and firepower whitout destroying accuracy and range at all.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RECON GUIDE

This is the guide for you recons out there!

1-FAQ(read before you read the sniper rifles)
Q-WTF is that drag-and-drop?
A-As distances grow in sniping, the bullet starts deviating down because of gravity.in your sniper scope, there should be the main aiming dot, and other dots in the four main directions(up,down,left,right).The vertical ones are for bullet drop.the longer the distance, the more you should align your aim with the corresponding dot for that distance.Drop varies from sniper rifle to sniper rifle.It takes time to master it, but as soon as you did it, it will be easier to kill at distance and remain undetected.
Drag is even more difficult.The horizontal dots are for drag.You know, bullets dont hit instanly after shots.It takes time for it to hit the target.If the target is moving, it may reach thin air just after the target passed its way.Drag consists of aiming forward to the enemy so the bullet hits him as he reaches the bullet´s way.However, it is not that simple.The higher the distance and the faster the target travels, the higher the drag.However, the higher the bullet velocity, the lower the drag.As drop, it varies from rifle to rifle.Sometimes you may have to use both to kill that damn engineer abusing from the XM25 to kill everyone and running around like freak(just an example,as you have to be far away so he cant see you, making drag and drop essential for your team´s sake).

Q- Why do i have to learn this if i can rampage with my SAIGA-12/USAS-12/Any other shotgun ?
A-There are no problems with shotguns,i personally have one for when i think that being an marksman on a CQC only server (Basra/Sharqui) is too hard.You dont have to learn this if you dont want.But you will be hated by shotgun-haters and be kicked from some servers.Have a nice day!

The Recon Class

It is the most tactical class in the game, and,sometimes, the most underpowered.While engineer has the fully aimable XM25 as tier 3,Assault the C4 Charges, and Medic already got Defib as tier 2 plus flare(quite underpowered, too) at tier 3.The Recon has the almost not controllable and not completely lethal Mortar Strike as its tier 3(sometimes its esential to victory,thought).It cannot heal or resupply himself, not even repair his vehicles. He can just throw the spotting device and pray for it to detect a soldier before it can reach or see him and plant WEAK(if unboosted) anti-infantry mines around his sniping nest.

However, a Recon has his roles, wich is crucial for him to fill:
1-Use his long range scope to spot and engage enemies
2-Cover flag-taking friendly units and keep enemies away from control points.
3-Identify and assasinate any vital enemy targets (XM25 engineers, medics reviving enemies, assaults laying C4 Charges, enemy snipers suppressing friendly units)
4-Neutralize enemy infiltrating routes with anti-infantry mines
5-Soften enemy positions and vehicles with Mortar Strikes
6-Keep enemy infantry behind cover so friendlies can advance.

KINDS OF RECONS
1-Marksman-A more short ranged sniper, he uses rapid fire sniper rifles like VSS Vintorez or aggresive semi-autos like M14 EBR.He is good at short ranged sniping( 20-40 meters) and can hold his own at mid-range.It tends to be aggressive and flag-taking.
2-Sharpshooter-The most common recon in-game.Uses fast bolt-action(default SV-98) or balanced semi-autos (M14,SVD).Holds his own in all sniping ranges,but does best at mid-ranged sniping.He sometimes takes positions but it is most of the time at tactical, mid-way to flags nests or walking in the middle of roads/streets.
3-Sniper-This guy uses fast bolt action, highly accurate rifles like M24(less common after the L96A1),GOL, L96A1 and, rarely, the M95.He´s seen anywhere when hes around: he makes sniping nests, crouches on streets while suppressing infantry,sometimes takes flags, etc.He is an all round recon: holds his own at short range, goes good on mid and excels on long range.
4-Counter Sniper-He is the rarest of the Recons.He normally uses his trusty M95( Counter-Snipers rarely miss, so they value firepower instead of speed) and is an real assasin, having mastered his headshot abilities.He takes out any target at any range, but he targets any Snipers before moving to other targets (because they are the biggest obstacle for friendly troops, suppressing and killing soldiers).He is NOT an threat to be underestimated and will decimate enemy vital players with ease.He is the kind of guy who turns the tide of the battle and is REALLY RARE.He tends to stay in nests and almost never takes flags alone.

2-SNIPER RIFLES

SV-98-your starting sniper rifle and a default sharpshooter weapon. it is quite weak, but fast and has a decent bullet drop.useful on mid-ranged sniping.As any bolt action rifle, not recommended for short range due to delay between shots, even if fast bolt action.Also quite unreliable at long range, but may get you some kills.

M95- Really powerful sniper rifle.Best suited for Counter Snipers.Also has EXCELLENT range and sligthly better bullet drop.An headshot drops off an 100hp soldier, be it any class.Greatest flaws are the small 4 bullets mag, not very good scope reticle and slow bolt action difficulting immediate response after a shot.
One tip: the M95 requires precision and a good tactical thinker.No one-shot kills whitout headshots,UNHAPPILY.

M24-It is nearly as powerful as the m95(60-80 on mid-long/mid-short ranges from m24 against 70-90 from m95).With L96A1 as an exception, it has the best bullet drop(1.75 dots to 2 dots on fog-starting range(about 100 meters, i think).Also, it has decent range plus fast bolt action, making it a hard-to-counter heavy hitter at long ranges.Also it has a decent clip(7 bullets, i think).EXTREMELY USEFUL FOR SNIPERS.

L96A1- Best Suited for Sniper Recons,EXTREME accuracy, as powerful as M24, even better scope reticle, faster fire rate and OBSCENE bullet speed.Almost no bullet drop.Outstanding performance.No flaws at all. But the unlock earlier price is too high and not worth it. Wait for the unlocking level. M24 or GOL may be reliable enough until the L96A1 unlocks.
GOL- Nice weapon, unlock it before now for 2700 funds!Another Incredible sniper rifle.GOL just has one of the best scopes, along with nice ranges and nice bullet drop.Damage is nice, Rate of Fire is very good and the bullet velocity too.Fit it with Jtiger01 devset's attachments and it will be as good or even better than L96, while being more stylish.Damage ranges from 80-52 on bodyshots, and 110( I think so) to 98 on headshots.Ballistic RangeAce is also a nice idea, too.
SVD(my description)-A nice semi-auto rife.Recoil can be sometimes annoying, but is manageable.Bullet drop can be handled with practice.Damage is really good.Accurate at mid to short range combat.Only thing that is really bad is the scope.These Chevrons on the scope really annoy me.( ]IBERWOLF['s description)- A semi-auto rifle, best semi-auto rifle in damage but high bullet drop and hard to control recoil. It needs 2 headshots to kill and 3-4 bodyshots. Good ammo load. I recommend this gun for long range and medium range cause the ROF is slow and recoil is high but with practice you can handle the bullet drop for long range kills and manage recoil for medium and close combats.And it is cheap. Recommended attachments: precision barrel and balanced stock (is a must have).

M110(description by ]IBERWOLF[)- Another semi-auto rifle,has the best range and accuracy from the semi-autos because it has very low bullet drop and high velocity bullets, better ROF than SVD but less damage. This rifle is useful at any range, ideal for aggresive recons, recoil is easy to control and bullets don´t have trails. Recomended attachments: Balanced stock, high power ammo and stand-off barrel.
SVA(my description-This full auto sniper rifle is best suited for Marksmen.Performance is really similar to VSS, but it unlocks before and has a hard to manage side recoil.Use any attachments that raise control over it(thunderbolt stock, precision barrel, nimrod mags and PSO scope)(description by ]IBERWOLF[)- automatic rifle. Slow automatic fire, medium fire power compared to bolt and semi rifles it needs 2-3 headshots or 4-5 bodyshots but has better damage than VSS Vintorez. Good ammo load and single shot accuracy but (here comes the worst) the big and unmanageable side recoil that will cause the bullets to disperse without control, so it is advisable to only shoot in short bursts. Suitable for short and medium range and only for good and skilled players.In this case I do not recommend attachments because it is not worth buying until the dev's buff it.

M14 EBR(My description)-Its an semi-auto rifle.It has almost no drop and good bullet speed, you just need to control the recoil.Decent damage and fast ROF make it a balanced but lethal sniper rifle.Ideal for Sharpshooters and Marksmen(]IBERWOLF[´s description)- another semi-auto rifle. Firepower at at the same level as the m110 but faster ROF. Doesn't have bullet trails and carries a good load of ammunition. Good single shot accuracy because it has good bullet drop and as other semi-auto rifles you need to control the recoil between shots. Is ideal for aggresive and skilled recons.Recomended attachments: close-in barrel, CQC ammo, balanced stock and in my opnion, the sights holographic and M145 are better for close combat than the standard .

Advice for best Recon Setups:
Ultimate Set: L96A1 fitted with Precision Barrel to reduce bullet drop and drag and increase absolute range,Viper mags for that extra damage over range and more ammo, Sidewinder stock for NO deviation at all(say everything you want, i have been pulling off much more headshots with it than i do whitout it) and Ballistic Scopes for that variable zoom for any situation.Elite M1911 for the win.
Sexy/Stylish Set: GOL fitted with Precision barrel, Viper mags and Sidewinder stock,Sexy yet effective.Deagle.50 grants that finishing touch along with some stylish clothing.

3-PISTOLS(you know, you cant kill close targets with sniper rifles easily)

M9- The starting pistol in any class.Weak but fast.You can hold your own with it, but it is not an assault pistol.Enough said.

MP-412 Rex- This revolver can be both an excellent or a horrible handgun, depending on the hands who use it.It may clear not so crowded paths, with 1-2 enemies(depending on precision and distance).i already got 52 damage with it(2-3 meters).Also, its not so slow as the Slow Revolver description says.You can empty the 6 bullets load in 2-3 seconds.A lucky headshot at real close figths may drop your enemy in one hit.Overral excelent handgun.Just watch your ammo and try reloading behind cover and not in combat.

MP-443(description by ]IBERWOLF[)-The pistol with the highest ROF and ammo load, has good accuracy, but is weak in damage. For me is the best choice since the nerf because now the pistols are only useful at close range and if you have fast fingers this pistol is like a SMG.

M1911(my description)-A nice price, effective CQC pistol.High ROF is achievable.Damage is nice.Since it has only 7 bullets on the mag, you should reload frequently and watch your ammo.Don't spam bullets unless you are on a pinch.You should get Veteran's or Elite's M1911.More ammo,more damage.(description by ]IBERWOLF[)-Good CQC(Close Quarter Combat) pistol, has high damage and better ROF than REX. For me is better choice than REX.

4-CREDITS(Subject to changes)
KZMZXThelegend(me, obviously)

]IBERWOLF[(helped with 4 sniper rifles and 2 pistols)

RE: (in development) Recon sniper rifles guide - ]IBERWOLF[ - 07-04-2012 11:35 AM

I try help you

Sniper Rifles

SVD a semiaoto rifle, best semiaouto rifle in damage but high bullet drop and hard to control recoil. It needs 2 headshots to kill and 3-4 bodyshots. Good ammo load. I recommend this gun for long range and medium range cause the ROT is slow and recoil is high but with practice you can handle the bullet drop for long range kills and manage recoil for medium and close combats.
And is cheap. Recommended attachments: precision barrel and balanced stock (is a must have).

M110 other semiauto rifle, best range and accuracy cause the very low bullet drop and high velocity bullets, better ROT than SVD but less damage. This rifle is useful at any range, ideal for aggresive recons, recoil is easy to control and bullets don´t have trails. Recomended attachments: Balanced stock, high power ammo and stand-off barrel.

pistols

PP-443 The pistol with higher ROT and ammo load and good accuracy, is weak in damage. For me is the best choice since the nerf cause now the pistols are only useful at close range and if you have fast fingers this pistol is like a SMG.

M1911 Good cqc pistol high damage and better ROF than REX. For me is better choice than REX

RE: (in development) Recon sniper rifles guide - KZMZXthelegend - 07-04-2012 07:17 PM

Thanks for your help.I am gonna buy the L96A1 as soon as i level up to 8. If i remember well each level you progress reduces the cost of unlocking locked guns.I am looking forward to it!Thanks again!

RE: (in development) Recon sniper rifles guide - ]IBERWOLF[ - 08-04-2012 10:13 PM

two more
sniper rifle

EBR other semiauto rifle. Firepower at at the same level as the m110 but fast ROF.Don´t have bullet trails and carries a good load of ammunition. Good single shot accuracy cause has not bullet drop and as other semiato rifles you need to control the recoil between shots. Is ideal for aggresive and skilled recons.Recomended attachments: close-in barrel, CQC ammo, balanced stock and in my opnion, the sights holographic and M145 are better for close combat than the standard .

SVA automatic-rifle. Slow automatic fire, medium fire power compared to bolt and semi rifles it needs 2-3 headshots or 4-5 bodyshots but better damage than VSS. Good ammo load and single shot accuracy but (here comes the worst) the big and unmanageable side recoil that will cause the bullets to disperse without control, so it is advisable to only shoot in short bursts. Suitable for short and medium range and only for good and skilled players.In this case I do not recommend attachments because it is not worth buying until the dev's buff it.

RE: (in development) Recon sniper rifles guide - KZMZXthelegend - 10-04-2012 12:06 AM

Really , Thanks a lot for the contribution.I am short on time so i won't add and correct the spells of your descriptions by now. Still thanks a lot.

RE: (in development) Recon sniper rifles guide - LegitSandwich - 10-04-2012 09:35 PM

Hey man, thanks for the tips. I cant shoot worth sh*t in BattleField 3, so im hoping i can get better by playing more. Im gonna try to get the L96, because in BF3 its a boss. But this guide really helped. Keep it up! :DDDDDDDD

RE: (in development) Recon sniper rifles guide - Vargman - 11-04-2012 10:44 AM

@ ]IBERWOLF[

M110 has a bullet trail.

M14 EBR: There is bullet drop and it's not pin point accurate. The gun suffers from deviation, you have no guaranteed hit at longer ranges.

My little contribution:

SVU-A
Full auto gun, not really a sniper rifle, see it as a hybrid between a semi auto sniper and an assault rifle. Great for close support during assault or defending strategic points. Use it for close to mid range combat. Not suited for taking out other snipers at long range, unless you have a good hiding place. When you're spotted, you're dead. Medium damage: 2-3 shots / kill at close range, deals less damage over longer range. Large horizontal recoil to the right like the stg assault rifle. For mid range shooting: try using single shots, close combat: full auto and learn to compensate the recoil.
My attachments: heavy barrel, extra mags and tactical stock.

RE: (in development) Recon sniper rifles guide - ]IBERWOLF[ - 11-04-2012 12:31 PM

Yes Vargman I mistake ,M110 has bullet trail but the bullet drop of the M14 is lower than other bolt or semiauto rifles, and deviation as you said is high for this I recommend use only for close an medium ranges.

Regarding the use of tactical stock in the SVA I would say is better balanced stock that minimizes lateral movement

RE: (in development) Recon sniper rifles guide - Vargman - 11-04-2012 12:47 PM

(11-04-2012 12:31 PM)]IBERWOLF[ schrieb:  Regarding the use of tactical stock in the SVA I would say is better balanced stock that minimizes lateral movement
I'll check that one out, thanks.

RE: (in development) Recon sniper rifles guide - KZMZXthelegend - 11-04-2012 11:30 PM

Hey ,People thanks a lot for contribution, both ]IBERWOLF[ and Vargman, but now i have something to ask. Do you hate shotgunners like i do?I simply cant stand their backstabbing and cowardice.Also the shotguns are overpowered and the shotgunners abuse them.

RE: (in development) Recon sniper rifles guide - ]IBERWOLF[ - 12-04-2012 05:25 PM

I do not hate the shotgunners, is their choice. also since the last update automatic shotguns are not as dangerous as before. Maybe what bothers me most are the snipers that use shotguns and motion sensors only to fight in close combat, Why not chose assault instead to recon ?

RE: (in development) Recon sniper rifles guide - KZMZXthelegend - 13-04-2012 01:54 AM

Yup thats the worst part of it.Go assault or medic for close combat.Maybe engineer.Using recon for close range is a waste of ground superiority that comes from sniping, just for a few backstab kills.
By the way, i think im gonna make the Medic strategy and skill tree guide(not gun guide, i cant afford lots of guns to all classes like i did to my Recon).Also, do you dislike XM25 abusing enginners?For me it is proof that it should not even be added, so the tide of the battle doesnt turn because of someone with a XM25 or grenade booster.

RE: (in development) Recon sniper rifles guide - ]IBERWOLF[ - 13-04-2012 12:35 PM

XM8C you mean. I do not think it's a very overpowered weapon, like the mp5, which is ruining the game experience is the grenade booster

RE: (in development) Recon sniper rifles guide - Chang - 13-04-2012 12:41 PM

(12-04-2012 05:25 PM)]IBERWOLF[ schrieb:  Maybe what bothers me most are the snipers that use shotguns and motion sensors only to fight in close combat, Why not chose assault instead to recon ?

Because assault don't have motion sensors.

A decent recon with 4/4 motion sensor, 3/3 satellite scan and a shotgun can sneak-cap flags all day long, and can be just as useful to the team as a decent sniper.

RE: (in development) Recon sniper rifles guide - ]IBERWOLF[ - 13-04-2012 12:48 PM

An assault soldier can train satelite scan too, what I mean is (and maybe not make myself clear because I was a poor student of English) is that each class has its role

RE: (in development) Recon sniper rifles guide - mono - 13-04-2012 01:50 PM

(13-04-2012 12:48 PM)]IBERWOLF[ schrieb:  An assault soldier can train satelite scan too, what I mean is (and maybe not make myself clear because I was a poor student of English) is that each class has its role

Very true, and sometimes a powerful close range weapon is better for reconnaissance than a long range one. Being a Recon has never just been about snipers, that's just the default way to play the class.

RE: (in development) Recon sniper rifles guide - Chang - 13-04-2012 01:56 PM

(13-04-2012 12:48 PM)]IBERWOLF[ schrieb:  each class has its role

I agree with that point, but I'd suggest there is more than one way for a recon to fulfil their role. As mono said, there's more to it than just cracking skulls from the other end of the map. 'Forward infiltration', or however you want to label it, falls within the recon's remit too.

RE: (in development) Recon sniper rifles guide - Heat76 - 13-04-2012 02:13 PM

I suggest the M110 with the close-in barrel, CQC and stabilized stockj, you have a very long short-range and its possible to kill a enemy with 1 headshot.

RE: (in development) Recon sniper rifles guide - ]IBERWOLF[ - 13-04-2012 04:46 PM

(13-04-2012 01:56 PM)Chang schrieb:  
(13-04-2012 12:48 PM)]IBERWOLF[ schrieb:  each class has its role

I agree with that point, but I'd suggest there is more than one way for a recon to fulfil their role. As mono said, there's more to it than just cracking skulls from the other end of the map. 'Forward infiltration', or however you want to label it, falls within the recon's remit too.

Yes there are other ways to play as recon, I myself use an SVD and set a very aggressive way to help the team and taking flags, but I mean a certain group of people as in Basra or Sarqui not use it to help the team but only to raise their stats. Just as a recon camping at the other end of the map and never cooperate in taking flags.

I think the role of perfect recon is a mixture, be close enough to throw motion sensors, spot enemies, put some claymores but keeping the distances, using rifles and even admit the use of shotguns for selfdefense

RE: (in development) Recon sniper rifles guide - GrandUltimatum - 15-04-2012 08:09 AM

(06-04-2012 08:51 PM)KZMZXthelegend schrieb:  Here i will show you my opinion about the sniper rifles as soon as i try them( i recommend to read the post until the very end). As you see in the subject, the guide is in development, which means i am trying on them as soon as possible, but i did not try all of them(very few, actually).But i saw their advantages and drawbacks.

stopped after this