Battlefield Play4Free
[Guide] Killer-of-BF's guide for Assaults including Tier 3 - Druckversion

+- Battlefield Play4Free (/de/forum)
+-- Forum: Community Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Tutorials, Guides and Strategies (/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thema: [Guide] Killer-of-BF's guide for Assaults including Tier 3 (/showthread.php?tid=53149)

[Guide] Killer-of-BF's guide for Assaults including Tier 3 - Killer-of-BF - 12-10-2011 08:22 PM

Hi everyone! This is a guide about the assault class mainly based on infantry, it will help you understand what the Assault class is, and will maybe help you master it. It is based on my knowledge and a few other guides. This is version 0.5(not finished). Tell me what I should add or remove to improve my guide and I will keep it updated.Cool

Introduction to the Assault class

The Assault soldier is the one who gives ammo to everyone. He can carry an assault rifle or a shotgun, and a pistol as a secondary weapon. The Assault is a soldier who often leads attacks, and is always in the first lines. He has a few useful abilities that other classes don't have like smoke grenades or request reinforcements.

Assault soldier's weapons

Assault rifles
An assault rifle is a automatic weapon too much big and powerful to be considered as an SMG but not enough to be a machinegun. So you have eight of them :
  • G3A4 : It's your starting weapon that you get for free when you create an Assault soldier. It's not very powerful and has a low magazine.
  • AEK-971 : Useful weapon in all cases, but not very effective at very long range.
  • M16A2 : It's very accurate and fires in three round bursts.
  • STG77AUG : An Austrian bullpup assault rifle. Big magazine and a cool futurist look. Get used to the recoil. It's also available in holosight version.
  • SCAR-L : Great damage, great accuracy, an all-to-do weapon.
  • M4A1 : A very powerful and accurate weapon, effective mostly at close range.
  • AN-94 Abakan : Kind of strange thing. Very accurate, fires in two rounds burst.
  • H&K416 : Nearly the same as SCAR-L, after it all depends on what you like. Very effective at long ranges.
  • AK-47 : Big damage, big recoil. Not recommended for beginners.
  • F-2000 : Same that AK-47 but with a futurist look.
  • XM8 : It's like the M16 combined with AEK. Not really worth buying.

Shotguns

Shotguns are weapons that shot spreads of small lead pellets, making it very effective at Close Quarter Combat. By the way, due to a boring bug, the sounds of the pump action shotguns while reloading don't match with the animation and the number of bullets left wrotten bottom right.
There are five of them available in the game:

• USAS-12 : It's a full-auto shotgun. Very powerful.
  • SPAS-12 : Pump action shotgun, can kill in one shot in close range. A bit less damage than the
  • 870 Combat : A super powerful pump action shotgun.
  • SAIGA-12 : Semi-auto shotgun. Very high damage. Aiming in is very fast.
  • SPAS-15 : Nearly the same than SAIGA-12, with less damage but more accuracy.

Pistols
Pistols are your secondary weapon. You usually fire them when your assault rifle or shotgun is empty and you don't have time to reload. There are five pistols in this game :
  • M9 : The handgun you get with the G3A4 at the beginning. You can use it your main weapon is a good one. Good ( Rolleyes ) only on close range.
  • MP-443 : Slightly under the M1911, try it if you want.
  • M1911 : The rate of fire, the accuracy and the damage are really good!
  • P226 : You get in this pistol, the big magazine of the MP-443 and the damage of the M1911. Good sights, but which can disturb you for long range shooting.
  • MP-412 REX : This .357 Magnum revolver has an enormeous firepower, you can kill in one shot! But there is a slow rate of fire and no accuracy.

Abilities and Gadjets

Equipment Expertise :
  • Grenades : A must-have. Can clear small areas in a very short amount of time. You can make the throw longer by sprinting at the same time.
  • Smoke grenades : A team-grenade! Throwing this grenade will create a massive cloud of smoke. You and your teammates will have the opportunity to hide behind it for a few seconds. Also good to create mess in enemy drivers' mind. The smoke grenade is also a lag grenade. Throw a smoke at enemies and they will lag like hell. Kinda useful for CQB and to piss people off.
  • Ammo Box : Your team needs it. And it's also an advantage for you. Standing near this box will fill you or your teammates of ammo in a few seconds. Everytime someone calls for it, go to the guy who asked and give it to him. It just cost to press a button. Note : Try to avoid dropping boxes in an enemy territory or blew them up after they're used.
  • C4 : Big explosive. Throw three or four on a tank, activate it, and tank is compote.

Combat Expertise :
  • Grenade Awareness : Shows friendly and enemy grenades with a tactical icon.
  • Improved Threat Awareness : Shows enemy name quicker.
  • Request Reinforcement : Friendlies who died in your general area will respawn on you. Learn
    to get in cover before using it because it gets cancelled if you get damaged.
  • Tactical HUD : Shows you from where you got shot.
  • Combat Resilience : Getting healed is quicker.
  • Physical Training : Power Climb : Climbing ladders is faster.
  • Physical Training : Safe Fall : The damage inflicted to you when you fall is reduced.
  • Trip Wire Awareness : Jogging version makes claymores not to explode. Sprint version makes claymores explode later.
  • Physical Training : Sprinting : Increases sprint speed.
  • Physical Training : Jogging : Increases jog speed.
  • Satellite Scan : You see every enemy on the map for a few seconds.
  • Grenade Tossback : An enemy grenade is near you? Press E to throw it in front of you.
  • Dead Man's Trigger : Not really a fair thing here but it's useful anyway. A grenade is dropped when you die, allowing frequent vengeance kills. Try to get this ability only if you're a CQB veteran.

RE: [Guide] Killer-of-BF's guide for Assaults - Killer-of-BF - 12-10-2011 08:24 PM

Combat Tactics

Tactics depending on ennemy's weapon : good when you recognize weapons fast.
Machineguns
The guy is in a better position than you if he got an LMG. Due to its big mag, the machinegun can fire continuously for more than ten seconds. Find cover quick, get up, burst half a second, crouch, get up, burst... Or sneak from behind and knife.

Assault rifles
He's in the same position as you, try to begin firing the first and aim the head to get him.

Submachineguns
A submachinegun is a tiny assault rifle. Go rambo Big Grin, there are nearly any risks.

Sniper rifle
On long range, all you can do is burst or tap fire. On close range, don't underestimate the enemy, an experienced recon can do awesome no-scopes when panicked (I did it ten timesCool.) , so quick, make their chest cheese! But generally, you have nothing to be afraid of, just sneak behind them.

Shotguns
On very close range, if the enemy noticed you got no chance except if you stab him. On long range, shotguns are unusable, so take your time to burst him to death.

Pistols
Each pistol is very different from the other in stats, but not in look. Try to quickly fire continuously at them if on close-medium range.

Tactics depending on ennemy's class : good if you can recognize classes easily.
Medic
They got the machinegun, but we already talked about that. They also have medic boxes, that heals them. If you shoot like 75% of their health you can be sure that five seconds later, he will be fully healed. Just don't stop shooting until he's down.

Assault
Start firing first, this is your call.

Engineer
Engineers don't have only an SMG or a shotgun, they also have RPG and XM25, allowing them some sniping, and Anti-Vehicle Mine, an alternative to claymore. Shoot 'em up from behind and always have the surprise effect for you.

Recon
With their Motion Sensor, they will see you are near them, so don't expect to be surprising. If a Recon seen you, it's too late, he will spot you, his teammates will come get you. Tap-fire quickly when you see one. On close range, they have claymores, which explode when you walk on them. Always look the ground when you want to knife a camping Recon.

Tactic against groups of enemies : good when you are oftenly surrounded
Duo or trios group
Duos and trios are very dangerous, they should never be able to see you. So always kill first the one that the others aren't looking at. Or the one that helps the others the most (ex : Medic).

Bigger groups
One versus four or more is suicide. Try to separate them and kill one per one. Or enventually get in cover and use the Request Reinforcement skill to blew them up with you're friends!

Suicide Squads
Look 303ConArtist's Guide and you will see what it is. A bit like the British S.A.S. in a video game. In English : ENORMEOUS THREAT. Your only chance is to sneak from behind and throw grenades at their feets.

Tactics against vehicles : useful if you oftenly frequent vehicle maps.
Ground/Transport
Don't waste your grenades on them, they aren't very dangerous. You will do better trace and spot. If possible, empty a few mags on them, you will maybe hit the passengers and you will surely damage the vehicle's armor.

Air/Transport
Not a lot of things you can do about transport helicopter. Trace and spot. Then, if an AA is near you, get in it, lock on the chopper, wait for the flares to be activated by the pilot, and SHOOTBig Grin!

Ground/Attack
Throw grenades in their back, blow the driver's mind with smoke grenades, shoot the wheels if it's an APC! Then spot and trace as usual...

Air/Attack

From F-35 to Littlebird, the attack-aircrafts are the most dangerous threat in-game. Try to shoot the pilot, and then spot and trace. Get in an AA if possible.

Help and Team-Up Tactics

Tactics depending on friend's class

Assault

He's your main teammate. He can do everything like you. Give him cover and watch his six o'clock. That will do it.

Engineer

Your best client, he spends rockets and SMG ammo like I eat pizza Tongue (Well, I mean a lot...). Give them constantly ammo boxes and you will be rewarded by not being exploded by a big tank!

Recon
He hasn't got very much ammo, so you should give some to him even if he doesn't asks for. Anyway, just don't stay too much near them if they're in a good place, you will maybe get 'em seen and killed (And it includes you...).

Medic
Medics heal. Medics revive. Medics want to rush. Medic can't rush. Medics cry. Help them to break into Close Quarter Combat areas, always get first, so if you die, they will have the time to aim in, revenge you, and revive you. That gives them points and someone dead to resurrect.

Tactics to help friendly vehicules

Simple transport vehicles
Get in 'em!An empty transport vehicule is a weak like a tiny mouse. A fully loaded transport vehicule is a like the strongest tiger ever! The .50BMG macinegun gives you awesome precision even in the longer ranges, a devastating firepower on medium ranges, and infinite ammo! The 300+HP armor gives you the time to get some nice kills before getting destroyed. Try if you can to get the following combination of seats with your team :
  • Driver or pilot : Recon
  • Gunner : Assault
  • Other seats : Medic and Engineer

Attack vehicles

Guide them to the target by spotting enemies. Be their gunner to annihilate kamikaze engineers.

Tips for yourself

Tips by weapon

Assault rifles
  • Burst fire : Fire three bullets, stop firing, fire three bullets, stop firing. This is how you burst with an assault rifle. It is imperative to shoot like this to keep accuracy, except in close-medium range fights.
  • Tap fire : Technic close to bursts. It consists in pressing left mouse button as fast as you can to shoot rounds one per one with a boost of precision.
  • Cover fire : Shoot bursts near the enemy's cover to prevent them of showing themselves while your teammates move to another fighting point.
  • Jump fire : When on close range, but too long to use your knife, quickly start firing without aiming in, then jump and strafe around your targets.

Shotguns
  • Pump's : Try to stay behind your enemy to shoot him, take your time to aim if the situation allows it.
  • Semi auto's : Try to aim the head, and use the jump fire technic mentionned above.
  • Full auto's : Try to spare mag's ammo and reload as soon as you get in cover. Otherwise it's same as semi auto's.

Pistols
  • Slow fire : Fire slowly to improve your accuracy.
  • Fast fire : Fire the fastest as you without aiming in while in CQC situations.

RE: [Guide] Killer-of-BF's guide for Assaults - Killer-of-BF - 12-10-2011 08:26 PM

Tips by gadgets

C4:
  • 1st Tactic : Bomb Car

1. Find a car.
  2. Place C4 around the tires.
  3. Drive into an enemy armor.
  4. Press F3 for backseat.
  5. Detonate the C4.
  6. Press F1 and drive away to a safe spot.
  7. Refill C4 with ammo box.
  8. Back to second step.

• 2nd Tactic : Assault's Clay'

1. Place C4 on the sides of a door.
  2. Step back.
  3. Wait for an enemy to come through the door.
  4. Detonate C4.
  5. You can also do it on a road.

Grenades:
  • 1st Tactic : Corner Clearing
    1. Throw a grenade behind a corner.
    2. Wait for it to explode.
    3. Pre-aim.
    4. Turn around the corner.
    5. Eliminate enemies that survived.
  • 2nd Tactic : Vehicle Harassing and Destroying

1. Go behind an enemy vehicle without getting seen.
    2. Throw all your fragmentation grenades under it.
    3. Throw a smoke grenade under it.
    4. Get away fast.

Ammo Box
    • 1st Tactic : Camper Refilling
      Plant an ammo box in a well known camping point. Campers will finally be useful to you.
    • 2nd Tactic : Generous Road
      Plant an ammo box in a friendly frequented road. Your teammates will be fully resupplied before fighting the enemy.

RE: [Guide] Killer-of-BF's guide for Assaults - Killer-of-BF - 12-10-2011 08:28 PM

Reserved for more

RE: [Guide] Killer-of-BF's guide for Assaults - 303ConArtist - 12-10-2011 08:57 PM

Is this gonna be a guide or an encyclopedia? Big Grin

RE: [Guide] Killer-of-BF's guide for Assaults - Killer-of-BF - 13-10-2011 06:03 AM

(12-10-2011 08:57 PM)303ConArtist schrieb:  Is this gonna be a guide or an encyclopedia? Big Grin

Something between...Smile

RE: [Guide] Killer-of-BF's guide for Assaults - rombost - 17-10-2011 03:57 PM

nice one havnt seen such a good guide ;D

RE: [Guide] Killer-of-BF's guide for Assaults - :Battlefielder: - 18-10-2011 06:25 AM

(17-10-2011 03:57 PM)rombost schrieb:  nice one havnt seen such a good guide ;D
    And it's not finished!

P.S.: I'm Killer-of-BF's other account

RE: [Guide] Killer-of-BF's guide for Assaults - StarStruck3 - 18-10-2011 07:11 AM

nice guide, very useful Big Grin

RE: [Guide] Killer-of-BF's guide for Assaults - Killer-of-BF - 19-10-2011 07:08 PM

Updated!

RE: [Guide] Killer-of-BF's guide for Assaults - Killer-of-BF - 08-11-2011 07:39 AM

Updated again! Leave answers please!

RE: [Guide] Killer-of-BF's guide for Assaults - Drakenclaw - 08-11-2011 09:16 AM

***C4 tactic -> Allah akbar car***

step 1: Find a car
    step 2: place c4 around the tires
    step 3: drive to a enemy
    step 4: press f3 for backseat
    step 5: detonate the c4
    step 6: press f1 and drive away to a save spot
    step 7: go back to step 1

Total pwnage in 7 steps (=

if you also use the c4 booster you can kill 2 apc's and 1 tank in a couple of seconds!!!

RE: [Guide] Killer-of-BF's guide for Assaults including Tier 3 - Shaftamus - 11-11-2011 07:13 PM

Very good guide seemed to cover everything needed to know to use an assault class effectively someone really needs to start stickying these.

RE: [Guide] Killer-of-BF's guide for Assaults including Tier 3 - :Battlefielder: - 13-11-2011 10:14 AM

(11-11-2011 07:13 PM)Shaftamus schrieb:  Very good guide seemed to cover everything needed to know to use an assault class effectively someone really needs to start stickying these.

Thanks!

RE: [Guide] Killer-of-BF's guide for Assaults - BuLLtPr00F_M0nK - 13-11-2011 03:55 PM

(08-11-2011 09:16 AM)Drakenclaw schrieb:  ***C4 tactic -> Allah akbar car***

step 1: Find a car
    step 2: place c4 around the tires
    step 3: drive to a enemy
    step 4: press f3 for backseat
    step 5: detonate the c4
    step 6: press f1 and drive away to a save spot
    step 7: go back to step 1

Total pwnage in 7 steps (=

if you also use the c4 booster you can kill 2 apc's and 1 tank in a couple of seconds!!!
    FIDAYEEN !!!

RE: [Guide] Killer-of-BF's guide for Assaults including Tier 3 - keelhim - 13-11-2011 04:31 PM

I do believe I will use these tactics.My biggest question:If you have a starter gun,how can you beat a guy with a SCAR-L?I use stealth tactics alot,but it always seems that someone comes out of nowhere and blasts me.There's got to be a way to beat someone with an ubergun headon,right?

RE: [Guide] Killer-of-BF's guide for Assaults including Tier 3 - Persona-7 - 13-11-2011 05:49 PM

(13-11-2011 04:31 PM)keelhim schrieb:  I do believe I will use these tactics.My biggest question:If you have a starter gun,how can you beat a guy with a SCAR-L?I use stealth tactics alot,but it always seems that someone comes out of nowhere and blasts me.There's got to be a way to beat someone with an ubergun headon,right?

If you aim for the head you you'll have a much higher chance of winning than if they aim at the body. I aim at the body so, if you got good at head shots you'd be a rape machine.

RE: [Guide] Killer-of-BF's guide for Assaults including Tier 3 - :Battlefielder: - 13-11-2011 08:09 PM

(13-11-2011 05:49 PM)Persona-7 schrieb:  
    (13-11-2011 04:31 PM)keelhim schrieb:  I do believe I will use these tactics.My biggest question:If you have a starter gun,how can you beat a guy with a SCAR-L?I use stealth tactics alot,but it always seems that someone comes out of nowhere and blasts me.There's got to be a way to beat someone with an ubergun headon,right?

If you aim for the head you you'll have a much higher chance of winning than if they aim at the body. I aim at the body so, if you got good at head shots you'd be a rape machine.

Right, and start shooting first!

RE: [Guide] Killer-of-BF's guide for Assaults including Tier 3 - epicchickengod - 23-11-2011 03:48 PM

bump ^^
    good guide, am not used to this game yet, i mostly camp with the m16 :3

RE: [Guide] Killer-of-BF's guide for Assaults including Tier 3 - Killer-of-BF - 26-11-2011 09:03 PM

(23-11-2011 03:48 PM)epicchickengod schrieb:  bump ^^
    good guide, am not used to this game yet, i mostly camp with the m16 :3

Thanks for Bump! I'm updating my guide right now.

And thanks my sigCool